hobie1616, thankfully, i have never done anything "stupid" for those reasons... i had a friend who said the most famous last words were "hey guys... watch this!!!" when i do certain "unsafe" activities, i always do them for myself and my own reasons. because when you do them for anything/anyone else, thats when you are most likely to get hurt or even killed.
jeff, i appreciate your comments, and honestly, i have been trying to not be too offended, and once again, i apologize for the explosion i had. taking things like this offensively has been something i have REALLY been trying to work on over the years. but it was ingrained in me by all the "freehanders" and "supersized" tourists of the outdoors (those names come from a rather funny, but true, climbing article... sorry). basically these are just people who want to sit and ridicule you for being "insane" and so on... so when i sometimes feel mocked and ridiculed for my activities, or "boldness" as it was referred to earlier, i tend to get a little defensive. i am once again sorry for getting so... pissy, if you will. i know you all mean well, and i will heed your warnings and concerns. thankyou.