Who are driving the new hull shapes????!!!

Other classes just end up with an A and B class which would be pre wing and foil and poste wing and foil.

I like the hull shape that Lindahl and Roake are playing with on the LR2. It is development. Ben's wing and new platform are development. As to the foils, the A is measured to the farthest out point. If the foils were to exceed b-max the beams would have to be shortened so that b-max remained 7'6.5".

My question about hull shape was rhetorical..like you I love the way those guys are putting their thoughts on the mat.

It is clear that A class is driving the research in hull shape....
so why not wing style...the sail is after all just a wing......

If the solid wing turns out to be fast, but an expensive ball ache to put into common use then only three will be made and they will die out.
Evolution is like that.....and the A division has always said that evo is their advantage over the rest.

Why worry?...It is not likely the first guy to race a solid wing seriously will win the event.

Second is just first loser.

If in the VERY unlikely event he wins it will be spectacular, exciting, create lots of news and excitement.......All good for the class in the end.

Who gave a s*** about Moths before they went foiling....now we all know about them and keep an eye there...it's attracting lots of newbies and sponsorship to that class I bet.