I think one of the big strengths of our program, and it predates me by 30 years, is the independence of our athletes and the decentralized structure of our programs and the entrepreneurial spirit of our athletes. Entrepreneurial as applied to athletics, not in the business sense. They running their own programs pretty much and I think that's a real strength of our program and it's very American

Has anyone ever said that the complete lack of organization, mismangement and out and out obstruction by Bodie and Breener of US Sailors was a strength!?

The US Sailing Approach under Gary has been... Hey.. you are on your own... unless you have a chance... then we will take credit for your success and tell the public what a great job we did for you.

Gary should have been fired years ago! The 10 year period of his leadership is one of failure.

He helped eliminate the multihull from future olympics.
He has not developed a pipeline for elite sailors in any of his precious dinghy classes.
He leaves the US team with no way to improve their performance. They are best advised to move overseas and train there!

It will be years before the US recovers in this sport.

crac.sailregattas.com