Originally Posted by Mark Schneider
Yeah its Christmas... I should be charitable and let this pass ... but some things make no sense and you just have to ask the hard questions...

Pete...

Why do you think the Wave's are looking to do more regattas?
Usually... the fleet asks the club to host their event.... not the other way around.

Rick
Do you think most of the Waves will do back to back regattas?

Pete... Are you sure enough about their turnout to go buy trophies ahead of time?

All,
I am wondering What your thinking is?? Why is scheduling more regattas better for the class? Is there a home fleet of Waves that hopes that the other wave sailors will reciprocate and show up at your club for the event? Are the Wave sailors known for showing up in force at back to back regattas?

If 2 waves show up...Is that good for the Wave Class? More importantly... Do they show up next year? Did they show up to the traditional regatta or... do they pick the most convenient one? Do they pick the one with the rep for a turnout... leaving the your club... with a table of trophies?

Your club might be the only one in America that thinks mixing three high performance cat fleets with Waves is a good idea.

See the thread on last years Tradewinds regatta where splitting the non spin and spin boats was viewed as critical and waves are a special breed again.

Do you promise to separate the two for safety reasons on separate race courses? I don't live in Florida... but as an A Class sailor... I would probably not attend the regatta based on mixing in Waves on the same race course.

I must be missing something about how you guys schedule and mix classes at events to strengthen the sport. What am I missing?

Mark, all your points are very valid. But I can't speak for other Wave sailors in the mid-Florida area, who might love to go to the Gulfport regatta. We will certainly try to let them all know about it.
Rick and I can't go, because Rick will be doing a seminar.