G’day Erice, I’ve taken a while to digest your reply, look at the boat how I sail it and we're going to ask Weta about the mast foot.
I feel the downhaul is important to not stretch the sail and with a mast that lays over I tension it on the beach but the lines stretch, knots tighten on the water creating some slack, the halyards are on the outside of the mast , when the mast lays over it creates slack in the line. I don’t need a trucker hitch to tighten the halyards, I have enough strength the same way I didn’t need to cleat the main on my 5.8
Our club paid AUD$15000.00 for the boat plus a further AUD$3000.00 in freight, insurance etc. If we were asked if we wanted the blocks package that takes longer to rig and makes no sense or the block package that works for a bit more we would have paid the bit more. The person at our club that organised this boat wants a couple more for the same program but we’ve decided to wait to see how the boat and program goes before we get any more, if we do we most definitely won’t be getting the Weta block package. Probably the most telling thing for me is that I’m the only able bodied person at our club that has taken the Weta out even though it’s available to any club member for free the others prefer their own boats.

Jeff Southall
Current boats
Nacra 5.8 1703 Animal Scanning Services
Nacra 5.8 1667 Ram Raider
Nacra 18 Square
Arrow 1576