As a bit of Bitsa update, where have we got to then, well not very far actually, I have been sailing a few times with the A mast and A sail, its an older design and the boat handles really well with it on, quite neutral and pretty much as expected.

With the A sail being an absolute pain to get and stay up the mast I changed the mast over to the Stealth mast and sail. A very much bigger sail and immediately causing problems. The COE of the sail is now so far to the rear that the boat sits heavy in the water at the rear and now drags the rudders which immediately caused a problem with the Stealth rudders and cassette box I had used. They sit too low down on the hull and the fat part of the cassette box was causing so much drag that the water was shooting around and up like a jet boat at speed. Not good. Anyway culmunated at speed with the Spinny up, pulling out of its threads 2 of the lower mounting screws and catastrophic failure of the smashing off of one rudder.

mmmm back to the drawing board, spent the last 3 weeks in the evenings making up faired in rudder cassettes and mounts so hopefully that will solve that problem.

Now this is where I'm hoping a few of you more knowledgiable types will offer their advise. I need to change back to the A mast and make a new sail. As a starting point in a new design what mast prebend should I start with and what camber and where abouts in the sail should I have that max camber. Get those starting points and perhaps I can create something out of the SailCut software. cool