I'll try to comment on the few questions that, after skimming through the posts made so far, appear to be unanswered.

1. Grommet in center of tramp. I believe this is the attachment point for the folks who center-sheet.

2. Jib halyard / forestay. I just tie the jib halyard alongside the forestay when sailing uni. Make sure to tape things up near the plate where bridle wires and forestay are attached, so you don't snag your chute.

3. Mast rake. Advice I've received is to use a trap line. With your mast up, detach trap wire/line from bungee. Pull line to bridle attachment point on hull and hold on to line where it touches attachment point. Now go to rear crossbar – same point on line should be at or just aft of rear crossbar. Was told that most folks don't change their mast rake as wind speed varies. I have sailed both uni and sloop without changing mast rake, and the helm has been very neutral in both configurations.

I'd like to hear from more people on the issue of whether to leave the pin in after stepping the mast (in circa-2000 boats). I too am concerned about what will happen if I lose a stay, but I don't want to have the mast come off the pivot in a capsize either (not sure how likely this really is if the pin is removed). Boats we've owned in the past have had a much deeper socket for the mast pivot – I wasn't worried about what would happen without a pin to retain the mast.

Enjoy your new boat!

Regards,
Kenn Newbury
T4.9 USA 226