Does anybody ever bitch that their sail box is too big? Hell no.

I haven't figured the volume, but this thing is massive. 13+ feet long, almost 8-1/2 feet wide at the top of the "T". Front section is 40" tall, the back is 28" tall, and 42" wide. Spin pole is a non issue, hell the cat-trax will fit inside. The cat-trax is like throwing a hotdog down a hallway, (something I'm way too familiar with....), going into that box.

Just the bottom made up and sized:
[Linked Image]

putting the sides on:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've got nine hours into it to get it to this point. I'm going to have to finish a few things up tomorrow. Bondo screw holes, and make a lid and a couple of doors, then she'll be ready for paint.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I know plywood isn't going to last very long, but I wasn't ready to shell out probably $4k to have this thing built from diamond plate. Plus it'd be nice to try it out before making the jump to a really expensive box. As is, there's about $600 in material there. My last one was made out of wood and really poorly finished, and severely neglected and I probably could've gone through all of next season before it started to really disintegrate. It survived three full seasons of sitting outside.

Last edited by Karl_Brogger; 10/27/12 11:02 PM.

I'm boatless.