I wouldn't make a major change like this before an event...needs at least a weekend of practice me thinks.

I've been reading a few threads on here and elsewhere. Haven't found a great photo, but I'm thinking of running the terminated end of the sheet through another block on the bottom, to a turning block on the boom and forward to a head-banger style block sitting right on the boom that the crew can sheet from. The current lazy end of the sheet would stay rigged the way it normally is, for the helm downwind.

A few other notes:

1) AHPC uses a different style boom for mid or center sheeting (beefier), 50mm diameter x 1.6mm wall thickness. According to wouter anyway, so that data may be incorrect.

2) Some teams have an additional block to create a 2:1 floating purchase between the back of the boom and center of the boom. Your purchase is increased but you are limited in the amount of sheeting you can do from the mid point

3) Darren Bundock has a normal aft 10:1 purchase system on his C2 used at Catacup. Keep it simple stupid.

Scorpion F18