Does anyone know if the H20 tiller connector kit from Murray's item number 07-1953 fits my boat? It looks like i would just have to cut my cross bar a little to get it to fit as long as the cross bar tube ID is correct.

Yes it fits and yes it's worth it. I put one on my boat (2004 with the tendon connectors). You just have to cut about an inch off the tiller connector. You might also take a look at the Hobie upgrade kit part number 1957. Not as adjustable but how often are you going to adjust them, once?

Is it worth it to get a tiller? I am used to using one but not sure if it is necessary on the wave since my tiller cross bar is in front of the blocks.

The boat is a lot more comfortable to sail with a tiller extension. You do have to learn a new tacking technique since, as you say, the extension now goes across in front of the connector not out behind.

I hate rudder slop. I shimmed the rudders around the bolts so the slop is gone there, but when the rudder is down there is still slop against the bottom part of the casting. Has anyone shimmed the inside of the bottom part of the casting to eliminate rudder slop?

Hobie sells a hard rubber shim that works great on the lower part of the rudder casting. There's also an aftermarket kit of hard plastic shims for the top.

I have the 10 hole adjuster on order so i can rake the mast but will wait to see if I need the club shrouds.

The more wind you sail in and the less you weigh the more rake you will need. I use the seven hole adjuster in the top hole. 'Nuf said.

Welcome to the fleet. This is really, really fun and also very quick and easy. Lovin' it!