The feeling I was getting , i.e., the feeling I got through the he boat, was that I was changing the timing of my weights potential kenetic movement , if that makes sense. If I kept my front leg more or less straight and use my back leg as a shock absorber, as the boat hit the trough it would stick the bows and momentarily slow down as the mast move forward and then back again as I climbed the next wave. Instead as I hit the bottom of the trough I kept both knees bent and then straightened my front leg basically changing the timing of when I would feel the boat slow(later) as it as the bow dug into the back of the next wave . Really, a matter of changing the timing and duration of the slowdown through weight placement.
Before I tried this I was reacting to the movement ov the boat.
Instead, I was anticipating the movement of the boat, and using my body weight to help the boat maintain a better average speed, stop tommyhawking(as much) , which increased slightly the apparent wind , more power , flying a hull.

Didn't think I was getting into a "rules" thing. Just adjusting the kenetics of the boat/operator unit.

Again, not reacting to a low wind situation, more the wave state

Auscat MKV 444 A class
NACRA I-20- 440/CATHATKA