Who wants to take bets that he'll be organizing another "race" with another cash "purse" for the "winners" with an extraordinarily high "entry fee" so he can pay off this lawsuit?

Who thinks anyone would actually sign on for that race?

Nah, it's unfortunate, but I would bet that's the last we've heard from MW. His ambition coupled with poor (criminal) decision making cost him lots and took away a lot of recognition our sport. It's a damn shame because the Worrell was really beginning to gain global recognition...but hopefully the Tybee and OBX folks can continue to build an even better replacement. International recognition of the Tybee 500 and OBX500 is gaining - I trust that we will see some solidification the whole 1000 mile combined race in the future.

Frank, JD, see you guys in the Keys in a couple of weeks! Team Seacats will have both our new F18s racing around Key Largo and we're all Steeplechase virgins! I started some planning with bluechart and wow....except for crossing a few channels, maximum depth for 100 miles is roughly 9 feet! Boards UP!

Jake Kohl