Quote From S.Africa - Diane B:
I have teeth again - but only temps. The woman who drove us to the dentist her husband is on the committee boat and said it was blowing 48 knots when they called it. Ken and I were on the line with 33 seconds - were worried we might be over early. There were boats to avoid if we did start - they were flipped everywhere. We started our way back to the beach and flipped a few times. Found out on the beach that they clocked the wind at 55 on our way in. The last one - we were righting the boat and I had the dolphin striker when the boat flipper over again and hit my mouth and teeth on the crossbar. 30 seconds later I saw Mike Siau on our boat and was I GLAD to see him!!!!!!!! I jumped on the resue boat. The Resue boat continued to pick up people flipped and let guys on the boat do exchange for the light weight women. Rex Mitchell's daughter we picked up next. Then a crew from Africa. I went to see Lori Mohoney and she got a local dentist to take care of me. Steve Leo was my saviour and went with me, Karla took my gear and off to the dentist. Tomorrow is suppose to be good sailing weather - like not blowing 55. They need to get 5 races in tomorrow so they can do the cut - according to the sailing instructions. They might race us Friday am also and only have one race for the Gold. Steve have me pain pills and Puerto Ricans and giving me drinks to ease the pain of course. Bye for now.