Catsailor.com

Custom Tramp

Posted By: ryanm

Custom Tramp - 03/19/09 11:05 PM

Does anyone know of any companies or individualsthat can take my old tramp and make a new one? Im looking for a price around $300? Do companies like ARC make their own tramps?
Posted By: Todd_Sails

Re: Custom Tramp - 03/19/09 11:20 PM

I have had them made, and also restitched, etc, at a sailmakers shop. If you have one around, might be a try.

Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Custom Tramp - 03/19/09 11:51 PM

Yep, Aquarius can make you a tramp. They just made one for a friends Tiger, haven't heard how it turned out, but I've been happy with everything they've done for me in the sail repair department.

Still got that Freestyle I see. Remember, I want to buy that thing when you're done with it.

Re: Custom Tramp - 03/20/09 01:48 AM

haha sounds good, maybe when i go off to college. It should be in good shape because this winter I had it repainted, getting a new sail and tramp. Its great having a hobby.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Custom Tramp - 03/20/09 12:53 PM

SUNRISE YACHT PRODUCTS in florida makes a great tramp. They have made 99% of the replacement tramps for us "regulars".

http://www.multihullnets.com/
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Custom Tramp - 03/20/09 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by ryanm
haha sounds good, maybe when i go off to college. It should be in good shape because this winter I had it repainted, getting a new sail and tramp. Its great having a hobby.

Oh no! Why'd you repaint it? All she needed was a good buffing. I loved that orangish-red colour.
Posted By: ghhm43

Re: Custom Tramp - 03/20/09 01:49 PM

Slo sails & canvas - made an excellent tramp for our nacra
for less than $300.00

http://www.slosails.com/index.php

Good Luck

Posted By: TEH

Re: Custom Tramp - 03/20/09 09:56 PM

I also had good luck with SLO for my hobie. Good price too.

Re: Custom Tramp - 03/21/09 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by andrewscott
SUNRISE YACHT PRODUCTS in florida makes a great tramp. They have made 99% of the replacement tramps for us "regulars".

http://www.multihullnets.com/

They are TOUGH!!! Lost mast cap swivel on boom do to metal fatigue while in good wind and other than a few etch marks, IT was good as new. After 5 years on Hobie 17 looked as good as when I bought them.

Doug

Re: Custom Tramp - 03/23/09 12:28 AM

Oh no! Why'd you repaint it? All she needed was a good buffing. I loved that orangish-red colour. [/quote]
I"m almost positive the old coat was painted with spray paint...
Posted By: catman

Re: Custom Tramp - 03/23/09 02:02 AM

No doubt, Sunrise makes a awesome tramp. 9 years old and still in nice shape. Never covered, Fla. sun. Teflon thread, nice option.
Posted By: NatureofFramingham

Re: Custom Tramp - 06/15/09 08:58 PM

We got a trampoline (the kind you jump on) for about $100.00. Laced her up three years ago, and our Macgregor 17" is still flying!
Posted By: Jake

Re: Custom Tramp - 06/15/09 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by NatureofFramingham
We got a trampoline (the kind you jump on) for about $100.00. Laced her up three years ago, and our Macgregor 17" is still flying!

I've never seen a 17" Macgregor. Must be tough to fly a hull on that without sinking it. whistle
Posted By: HMurphey

Re: Custom Tramp - 06/15/09 10:17 PM

Sunrise Yacht Products!!!! I have had one on my P19MX for 9-10 years now .... still love it .... They used a "bias" cut and so there is only one lacing strip to be laced .... impressive !!!!

And last year the owner of the 43' Corsair I race on showed up w/ new tramps to be installed .... Sunrise Yacht Products!!!!!

Harry Murphey
TheMightyHobie18/P19MX
Posted By: Mary

Re: Custom Tramp - 06/16/09 12:00 AM

We sell the same products from the same suppliers at the same prices right here through our online store, and it helps to support this forum. So we always appreciate it if you can buy through us.

Thanks.
Posted By: wyatt

Re: Custom Tramp - 06/17/09 09:42 PM

They made a set of wing tramps for me and they are perfect.

Re: Custom Tramp - 06/18/09 01:45 PM

Sunrise just made me a custom front tramp for my mystere. It was pretty expensive (over 250) and took a long time (over a month) but it was delivered ontime, cut perfectly, works like a charm, and looks great...
Posted By: krona

Re: Custom Tramp - 06/18/09 02:22 PM

I can vouch for the Sunrise tramps. I have a Bias-cut black tramp on my boat and it stretches nicely even though I'm only lacing from the rear. It also retains it's stretch very well and does not start sagging. The prior owner had it sitting on the beach for over 2 years in the sun with no cover, and it still looks brand new, and does not feel "dried" out.

Good stuff..
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums