Catsailor.com

Possible Regatta to Replace Spring Fever

Posted By: Andy Humphries

Possible Regatta to Replace Spring Fever - 03/25/14 04:03 PM

Pensacola Beach YC is considering a regatta since Spring Fever was cancelled April 18-20. Pensacola Midwinters didn't happen last week so they have trophies etc. If there is enough interest we can make it happen. May have a 2 or 3 day option like Spring Fever. Please reply if you are interested.
Posted By: MASantorelli

Re: Possible Regatta to Replace Spring Fever - 03/25/14 11:22 PM

Ocean Springs Yacht Club has an open invitation to F18's April 4, 5, 6 for 3 days of bouy racing....come on down.

Re: Possible Regatta to Replace Spring Fever - 03/26/14 01:08 PM

Thanks. I'm planning to come, but concerned that only 2 f18s have registered. It's not just f18s - seems participation is down this year in all classes. What is the deal? Anyway, we're trying to gauge interest in a Pcola regatta on Easter weekend.
Posted By: catandahalf

Re: Possible Regatta to Replace Spring Fever - 03/26/14 03:28 PM

Andy, I sent you a PM, then Mark called. They are hoping to add special attention to The Preemie Cup, out of PBYC. That is much better since the profit sharing is devoted to a local hospital's program for premature births. This blend of good will and catamaran sailors may work out very well.

Re: Possible Regatta to Replace Spring Fever - 03/26/14 05:21 PM

What are the dates? I show it to be the same weekend that we are talking about.
Posted By: rehmbo

Re: Possible Regatta to Replace Spring Fever - 03/26/14 07:43 PM

Andy- Are you still planning to sail with us up in Caseville? Its in mid-July and we have 9 F18s signed up already. I know of at least 3 or 4 more that will be there but are just too lazy to sign up until the last minute.

For those that don't know, Caseville is CRAM's premier event/site located on the west side of the Michigan thumb right where Saginaw bay joins Lake Huron. Although not on the scale of San Francisco, the bay is a fairly reliable wind machine.

The venerable MBounds himself will be running the show.
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Possible Regatta to Replace Spring Fever - 03/26/14 09:48 PM

My tip for Caseville: get shitfaced when the wind dies, then when you go back out because the wind picked back up, yell obscenities at Matt from the water. It's fun for everyone.

Re: Possible Regatta to Replace Spring Fever - 03/26/14 10:09 PM

I have sailed at Caseville before and it is a great venue. At this point I am planning to come. Especially since I can't seem to find much racing around here.
Posted By: mbounds

Re: Possible Regatta to Replace Spring Fever - 03/27/14 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
My tip for Caseville: get shitfaced when the wind dies, then when you go back out because the wind picked back up, yell obscenities at Matt from the water. It's fun for everyone.

I love you too, Karl.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums