Catsailor.com

Hat recommendation?

Posted By: Chris9

Hat recommendation? - 04/21/05 11:58 AM

I am looking for sailing hats recommendations? The specific conditions are blowin’ high 20s raining is sheets. Is there a full brimmed hat that has the brim stiff enough that it won’t bend, wobble, or vibrate? I had an Outdoor Research Gore-Tex hat that kept the rain off, but in the wind the brim had to be Velcro-ed up on the sides. Suggestons?
Posted By: scooby_simon

Re: Hat recommendation? - 04/21/05 12:38 PM

Urm, Don't bother. You'll be getting soaked from spray anyway !
Posted By: pitchpoledave

Re: Hat recommendation? - 04/21/05 01:14 PM

Check out:

http://www.tilley.com

The airflo cap has a larger visor than a regular baseball hat.

Dave
Posted By: flumpmaster

Re: Hat recommendation? - 04/21/05 06:00 PM

I use a Lowe Alpine Mountain Cap
[Linked Image]

It's water proof breathable fabric, fleece lined and the brim is stiff and short enough not to flap about in the big breeze. Keeps your head nice and warm for winter sailing. I combine it with a pair of prescription Barz goggles for ultimate head and eye comfort on wild days. With that get-up on and a breathable dry suit sailing becomes soooo much more comfortable.

Chris.
Posted By: zander

Re: Hat recommendation? - 04/26/05 06:22 PM

I reccomend one that you don't mind losing!
Posted By: vicatman

Re: Hat recommendation? - 04/27/05 01:04 AM

I reccomend that you relocate to the Virgin Islands...where its WARM ALL year round....
Posted By: David Parker

What would that famous sailor George W do? - 04/27/05 01:42 AM

The Pope is visiting DC and President Bush takes him out for an afternoon on the Potomac... sailing on the presidential yacht, the Sequoia. They're admiring the sights when, all of a sudden, the Pope's hat (zucchetto) blows off his head
and out into the water. Secret service guys start to launch a boat, but Bush waves them off, saying "Wait, wait. I'll take care of this. Don't worry."

Bush then steps off the yacht onto the surface of the water and walks out to the Holy Father's little hat, bends over and picks it up, then walks back to the yacht and climbs aboard. He hands the hat to the Pope amid stunned silence.

The next morning the topic of conversation among Democrats on the Hill, Hollywood celebrities, and in France, Russia, and Germany is: "Bush Can't Swim."

Attached picture 48496-bushiban.jpg
Posted By: Keith

Re: Hat recommendation? - 04/27/05 06:29 PM

I suggest a hat like this.

Attached picture 48524-13_headk.jpg
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums