Catsailor.com

Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee!

Posted By: BobG

Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee! - 07/07/05 02:39 AM

We are some of the worst spellers on the internet!One mispelled sailing related word every 3posts Guarenteed!
Posted By: Andrew

Re: Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee! - 07/07/05 02:50 AM

Guarenteed!

Thanks for doing your part!
Posted By: arbo06

Re: Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee! - 07/07/05 04:08 AM

R U phuking with us?
Posted By: Robi

Re: Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee! - 07/07/05 04:53 AM

nuttin wrong with that.
Posted By: Mary

Re: Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee! - 07/07/05 08:22 AM

Bad spelling is an indication of rebellion against authority and the establishment. So it kind of makes sense that there would be a high percentage of catamaran sailors who are bad spellers.
Posted By: bullswan

Re: Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee! - 07/07/05 12:12 PM

It's not just us, I'm afraid.
My local high school had on its sign out front "Spring Brake April 12-17".

Kids are taught spelling doesn't matter as long as the idea gets across.
Posted By: brobru

Re: Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee! - 07/07/05 12:24 PM

Don't be so vexxed out mon, We be just fine.

De fun is de mongo point.

Just so you know, some big wind be jammin' your way,..it is time to be ready..... or go bush.

( Hurricane Dennis is coming, if you do not prepare, all your stuff will blow away and you will never find it. It is Thursday, and here in Tampa, no one is doing any preparation, and I see no hurricane shutters on these windows. The storm will be offshore Saturday. I pray these homeowners know that their windows are rated to blow out at 50 mph.)

Bruce
St. Croix
Posted By: deq204

Re: Spell Ling Bea - 07/07/05 12:56 PM

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.
Posted By: SOMA

Re: Spell Ling Bea - 07/07/05 02:31 PM

HA! Thats funny!
Posted By: Clayton

Re: Spell Ling Bea - 07/07/05 02:31 PM

My, thats an impressive spew of literary genious. And to think we have these nice computers to promote our intelectual prowess. Too bad it doesen't help our sailing ability.

Clayton
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee! - 07/07/05 05:36 PM

I pray these homeowners know that their windows are rated to blow out at 50 mph.)

Bruce
St. Croix

Good point, Bruce. Most people think that since their windows are built "to code", that they're protected. Unfortunately, in Florida, most "code" windows are rated for WIND strength only, NOT IMPACT. So, unless you think the hurricane will not pick up any objects and hurl them at your glass, I'd consider storm shutters. Impact glass is much more expensive.

Redneck window test:
- Throw a brick at the window. If it breaks, it's not impact resistant.

- Next, Swing a hammer as hard as you can at it. If it breaks, it's not impact resistant.

If it does NOT break after these tests, you can practice your target shooting indoors.

Your insurance company will probably cancel you when they find out you don't have shutters, anyway....

Re: Spell Ling Bea - 07/07/05 06:51 PM

I think we have a winner .............Deq 204 .And here is some stuff for the Cruzan import. 1.We have a verbal agreement in writing. 2.Sears is a "Apartement Store"! 3. I've been quoted out of text often". 4.I never forget things ,I just can't remember them when I want to. 5. My coffee is downstairs waiting for me to cool off. 6.Turn a blind ear. 7.She called me every half hour on the hour. 8.If you really want to see Abaco, you'll have to "circumsize" the island ! Nothing to do with spelling ,just funny that where I'm from a lot of people would not think anything wrong with this.........Oh, and here in Delray we pay "Anti-Hurricane Tax" so we don't need windows......Bob G. ......This was from an article in Southern Boating/May 2005 .
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: Spell Ling Bea - 07/07/05 08:06 PM

But you stole the poem from Captain Noah Tall.
Rick
Posted By: EasyReiter

Re: Spell Ling Bea - 07/07/05 08:20 PM

Using the nice translators the above poem was translated into spanish then to french then to german and back to english then to portugese and back to english. and the results are this:

The eye starts in the both chequer of the spelling that came with my sea of four they who the pea it lined up which horizontally, you mark my sea of kinships of the knot the eye of the edges of Srta. revision. The impact of the eye a key and types a word and two that the false helm of weight four of the eye of the time of the opinion writes shown to it in straits one sorrow with me. * a time in this the pain of the mist to raise, the length von of bee two of the nose to transmit and the rite of the eye to disturb to place rare to be always false lira of the capable centers. * the eye the poem to work, it it stops emitting, that I afío its two contentments no perfect healthy letter of Ahle, that it cause pain, that to chequer to affect me mine, for sew.
Posted By: Dermot

Re: Spell Ling Bea - 07/07/05 08:46 PM

Using the nice translators the above poem was translated into spanish then to french then to german and back to english then to portugese and back to english. and the results are this:

The eye starts in the both chequer of the spelling that came with my sea of four they who the pea it lined up which horizontally, you mark my sea of kinships of the knot the eye of the edges of Srta. revision. The impact of the eye a key and types a word and two that the false helm of weight four of the eye of the time of the opinion writes shown to it in straits one sorrow with me. * a time in this the pain of the mist to raise, the length von of bee two of the nose to transmit and the rite of the eye to disturb to place rare to be always false lira of the capable centers. * the eye the poem to work, it it stops emitting, that I afío its two contentments no perfect healthy letter of Ahle, that it cause pain, that to chequer to affect me mine, for sew.

Inspiring and thought provoking

Re: Then DEQ204 is a "Theeph" - 07/07/05 09:21 PM

Diskualifyd !!!!

Re: Then DEQ204 is a "Theeph" - 07/07/05 09:54 PM

Too late, Bob. All the scoring programs would have to change the DSQ to DSK.
Posted By: Rolf_Nilsen

Re: Then DEQ204 is a "Theeph" - 07/08/05 07:45 AM

Too late, Bob. All the scoring programs would have to change the DSQ to DSK.

Sounds great to me, disqualified is spelled "diskvalifisert" (DSK) in norwegian. Perhaps you are mutating your language to something more fluent and harmonous like norwegian
Posted By: Jeff Peterson

Re: Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee! - 07/08/05 07:49 AM

In the old days, boys who did badly in school, had no future in respectable carreers. There only alternative was to become pirates. Since in those days pirates were all sailors, and pirates ain't to good of spellers, heck, they can't even talk no good grammer. That being, sailors don't spell good but don't need to write anyway. Since sailing is based on long tradition, sailors today still don't spell good. But, why we drink beer now, insted of rum?

Posted By: Darryl_Barrett

Re: Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee! - 07/08/05 07:56 AM

Down ear wease all do drink rum, in some places in Queensland (now that is a good name for the sailors there - queens from Queensland) if you dont drink "Bundy rum" you dont get served!
Posted By: bullswan

Re: Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee! - 07/08/05 10:35 AM

Down ear wease all do drink rum, in some places in Queensland (now that is a good name for the sailors there - queens from Queensland) if you dont drink "Bundy rum" you dont get served!

OR XXXX mate! In a LARGE Schooner. 4x is Queenslander for beer.
Posted By: Dave11

Re: Cat sailor spelling Beeeeeeeee! - 07/08/05 02:06 PM

I think you meant "wiff dat"
Posted By: deq204

Re: Spell Ling Bea - 07/08/05 06:01 PM

in reply to:
But you stole the poem from Captain Noah Tall.
Rick

--------------------
Rick White

Noah I didn't - It's all over the internet and is older than dirt. Sorry if I stole anyone's thunder, it's just that when I saw the topic - I couldn't resist.

Sail Fast

RQ

Re: Spell Ling Bea - 07/08/05 06:30 PM

So you are now accusing Capt. Noah of being older than dirt?
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums