Catsailor.com

Looking for Picture of Mast Rotation Kit for TIGER

Posted By: Fritz

Looking for Picture of Mast Rotation Kit for TIGER - 04/24/03 12:13 AM

I am looking for a picture of the improved mast rotation kit where the lines go on each side of the boom and then through the trampoline.
Who can help?

Thanks

Fritz
Posted By: Tom Korz

Re: Looking for Picture of Mast Rotation Kit for TIGER - 04/24/03 10:47 AM

Hey Fritz,

How are things going with the new boat? Mast rotation control does kind of stink. I think that you can get a good idea of a system that you are talking about by looking at an I-20. The system on mine works easily in both directions. I'll try to dig up a photo or two.

Are you going to Rehobeth?

I know that you have a regatta the same weekend, BUT, we will have 15 Tigers at the Madcatter. Come on up.

See you soon,

Tom
Posted By: Fritz

Re: Looking for Picture of Mast Rotation Kit for TIGER - 04/24/03 11:18 AM

Hi Tom,
the boat is fine. We are just back from Cat Fever!
Nice upwind speed, just have to work on the SPI manoeuvres to be faster downwind.
We will be sailing Rehobeth at 3-4 May.

C U

Fritz
Posted By: samevans

Re: Look at Hobie 20 or FX One - 05/08/03 03:52 PM

Hi Fritz,
There used to be a pdf document on the IHCA website, rules forum, discussing the proposed changes and using pictures of an FX One as examples.
That file is apparently gone, but you can download the FX One Assembly Manual (fxone.pdf) and see the pictures.
It looks just like a Hobie 20 rotation limiter to me.
Did you see the elaborate rotation limiter on the Nacra F18 at Spring Fever?
It was rigged to the boom like a regular limiter, but the lines ran through multiple blocks, back to the mast, down through two holes in the tramp and to two cleats on the hulls, like the Hobie 20, etc.
While running the lines to the hulls makes it much easier for the crew to change the limiter without moving to the center of the boat, it it seems very hard to mark or indicate where the correct rotation setting is. On the old style you just drew a ring around the line where it should cleat.
Ironically, that is one of the speed tips that Skip Elliot gave us during his presentation.

Sam
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Looking for Picture of Mast Rotation Kit for TIGER - 05/13/03 04:03 AM

Hi,

I use the mast rotator in standard form however another tiger I train with has it moved right to the base of the mast (mounts to either side of the downhaul blocks) and has an extra gromet in the tramp with lines running underneith and pop out at each hull for adjustment while still on the wire. It seams a neat clean system
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums