Catsailor.com

Tramp dimensions question

Posted By: Desert_Sailor

Tramp dimensions question - 01/19/06 03:58 PM

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and in the process of restoring an `75 Taft 15 cat to sailable condition.I am in need of a new trampoline and the company is out of business as far as I know so was planning to use Hobie 14 or 16 tramp.Could someone please post dimesions (length and width) of the the H14 and H16 tramps and lacing strip so that I may determine if the can be made to fit.Thanks in advance
Posted By: hobienick

Re: Tramp dimensions question - 01/19/06 05:54 PM

I think you can get a custom tramp made through this website. Check in the online store.
Posted By: calcheck

Re: Tramp dimensions question - 01/20/06 08:55 PM

I got a Prindle 16 tramp from this site and it is excellent!

If you don't know the age of the rigging replace all the shrouds too- Masts are expensive- and it's no fun to watch them bend and/or fall down.

John R.
Posted By: jmhoying

Re: Tramp dimensions question - 01/21/06 05:34 AM

Each half of the H16 trampoline is 39" x 72".
Jack
Posted By: Desert_Sailor

Re: Tramp dimensions question - 01/23/06 12:33 AM

Thank you for your answers.At this point I'm thinking I may have to the custom tramp route...but would prefer to use a tramp for a boat that is still in production or has parts availability in case I ever need another one.The lacing strip is the only part of the tramp left on mine and it measures 59" across so am thinking H16 will be too wide but H14 might fit if it is narrower.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums