Stick to school champion, I'll stay out here in the real world

You almost make it look like you feel schooling is a bad thing.

I guess we can't all be be born with superior knowledge pre-installed, so us mortals just have to take the bad (schooling) with the good (times) in this respect.

But to get to your AC mast example. I will garantee you that those are masts are indeed not identical. They are made to behave identically from the viewpoints of the measured values by several fine-tune mechanisms like multiple stays and spreaders. As such they fall under my earlier statement :

Industry does this in an overwhelming manner where the components can not be adjusted after they are produced ...

As found in this posting : http://www.catsailor.com/forums/sho...umber=136138&page=0&vc=1

Sadly the Tornado mast lack sufficient adjustable mechanism to do the same thing. The most obvious example of that is of course the mast section above the hound and diamond wire fitting. This is a pure cantilever. But also the bottom part is not much different as the mechanism that is avaliable, diamond wires/spreader, is already used up by setting the STATIC prebend. In fact it would be better if the masts were first measured for their dynamic behaviour and then had customer diamond rods selected to complete the variance in these. The choice to go OD down to the diamond wires rod is actually aggrevating the problem as that removes a degree of freedom from the system that could be well exploited.

Explanations exist for all the other questions you keep repeating and I won't refer you to these answering posts anymore because you simply ignore them anyway.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands