If you need a hand send me your geometry and I'll generate some cutfiles for you.

That is a very welcome offer.

I do really like what you have done with the DS12. A very nice building plan and the hard chined hull looks every bit as modern as a compound curve hull shape.

Up to this time I have mostly concentrated on other aspects of the F12 design then hulls. And I do lack the experience with software to calculate the cutfiles. I can learn of course but I don't have to time to invest in that right now. So yes indeed, any help in this department will be warmly welcomed. Besides, I have to get down with several new software packages relating to my research assignment already, at one point enough is enough !

Also I want to proof the unstayed rig concept first before doing hull optimizing. I may even just use one of the currently available hull plans if I managed to gether the investment for a prototype.

Personally, I like the DS-12 best but I want it to be capable enough for a 90 kg body frame and have a tall bow section. The conditions over here are quite choppy and a low bow simply does not work as well as a taller one; that experience I gethered from the F16's. There doesn't have to be volume high up in the bow as long as the deck stays above the surface. When the deck submerges then something changes significantly enough for the dive to suddenly aggrevate. Fine decks help but not enough. Also I would like a sufficiently strong stern to take T-foil rudders and a high enough freeboard to have the beams clear the small chop. Apart from those items pretty much any hullshape will do.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 07/08/08 05:27 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands