Well behaved boat. I deliberately depowered the hell out of it before heading out - max rake, lots of downhaul, limited the rotator, outhaul and travelled out.

I need to tweak some things on the boat - the traveller line is frayed/showing the core and binding up. The mainsheet cleat on the block doesn't allow you to trim without it cleating the line - have to change that angle up a bit. The rotator control lines need to move so I can play with them while on the trap/rear.

The boat feels substantial - steering was my best depowering tool in the puffs intially, then I used the traveller since the mainsheet was hard to adjust quickly. But she came up off the water predictably and responded well to tweaks.

I looked ugly as hell getting out on the trap, and am curious as to techniques that people use for getting out (where do you put your feet/hands). Any comments? I practiced on land before I left, but it's different when you are moving and trying to control the main/traveller line (but you all know that). Gonna have to do more crunches.

Looking forward to learning the technique of this boat.

Now that I've sailed it, I'm going to reread the tuning guide that Bob pulled together. I'm sure it will make much more sense.

Regards,

C.