Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Jack ,
How many people at vintage car events are as open and helpful as catsailors at a regatta. For that matter how would you feel if I wanted to start dictating your rules at vintage events when I don't participate or own a vintage race car( back to the other N-20 thread, you seem to have taken offense to).
Just something to think, lotsa shoes ,try 'em all on.
Todd

Todd or "Tawd" as you seem to like.

Your question is apples and oranges.

Since you asked, Vintage car races are about people having fun with whatever old POS they might have. It could be a million dollar Ferrari or an old home built one-off that never made sense, even in it's day.

We have a place for everyone to race safely if not fairly in respect to winning anything. We have so many classes (typically at least 60 per event) and we award medals three deep, that virtually everone gets several.

Nobody cares who finishes first except the guy that does.

Our events are down a little this year because of the economy. Just got back from Elkhart Lake where we had 150 this year as opposed to 170 last. Our big events get 400-500 cars. We must be doing something that people like.

Our sport could die overnight with fuel uncertainty and such. However, at the moment we must be on to something, wouldn't you say?

If someone thinks a rule could be written better or has a suggestion, I take it under consideration. That's how we present a better product. We don't stick our head in the sand....oops..sorry.

I'll bet I have more old shoes than you!

Jack Woehrle
Hobie Wave #100, Tiger Shark III
HCA-NA 5022-1
USSailing 654799E
Alachua FL/Put-In-Bay