Jerome:

AMEN! I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Yesterday, I took out and sailed (for the first time) one of our club's newly acquired "vintage" H16's. Here are my observations versus my Nacra 20. The boat is slower, likes to hobby horse (or is that Hobie horse), is lacking a self tacker, is missing a spinnaker and does not have nearly enough ropes to pull wink

On the plus side, it was a kick, it can be righted easily (yes I intentionally flipped it qualifying one of our new sailors!) and is a versatile teaching and racing boat. Oh, and by the way, it takes me two hours to rig my N20 and 15 minutes to rig the Hobie.....I'm just sayin...

Different strokes. I don't give a "Flying Scott" what you sail under the "Sun"fish. With "Laser" like precision the "Viper"ous assaults have run their course.

In the end, you are left with your own question to answer....."Ho...bie or not Ho...bie that is the question.".

Peace out, just keep one hull out of the water and it will be a'ight.

In sailing,

Ken Altman
Fleet Captain OSYC
N20 "Kani Basami"

P.S.: Come to my damn Regatta on July 4-5 (Horn Island Hop) and bring what u got. We have enough beer to solve the problems of the world.