Originally Posted by tx246
Wow! I guess racing is racing in whatever form you choose. Be it cars, motorcycles, ect. I engage in activities that use vehicles ie H16, windsurfers, motorcyles but avoid racing for ALL OF THE ABOVE posts. It always seems that racers just want to bicker instead of have fun. I understand racers need to race and how acute it is.....but dang it sure gets in the way of a good time. Now if you will excuse me, Im gonna go have some fun on my boat. Im gonna try trolling for fish while sailing wish me luck. Sometimes ya got to go slow to catch the fish.

I'd suggest that there are plenty of cat racers who do not want (and don't) bicker and do have fun. A small noisy minority of Internet sailors may not be representative of the broader church of catamaran racing. You should try some fun shorter distance races - great cameraderie, fun sailing and fun partying before during and afterwards before dismissing the concept of racing. Then try some buoy racing - at first it can be an exercise in frustration making it around the course efficently and finishing a long way behind the leaders, but this is because buoy racing is merciless for exposing gaps in peoples boat handling/tuning/trimming - but it is also a great way of improving all this and the vast majority of racers are eager to help you improve. Eventually you may find you are hooked on racing (I am a hopeless adict).

Chris.

Dave Ingram is my president. tcdyc rules