Dave,

That is not bad I usually go to 320 - 400 before I shoot primer. I get the roll sandpaper from Glue Products http://www.glueproducts.com in West Palm Beach. Here is the short cut looks like they have updated the website. I do not see the rolls but call them they are pretty good people. To save on shipping cost check out local professional auto paint, body, or fiberglass supply stores they usually carry a good assortment of sandpaper type products. You want to ask your painter he may know locally who has the best assortment of that type of product. I use to do a lot of car restoration work so I got to know most of the local shops and who has what.

I used 2 sanding belts cut open and glued to my long board. At Home Depot they are like 8-9 bucks for a package of belts. Last night I peeled off the old belts and attached two strips of the 40 grit strip sand paper, sticky backed, to the board and it worked great also it is cheaper overall. That is if you buy it by the roll and use that much. I may go back over it with 80-grit I'll see how it looks. The 40-grit will give good "teeth" so it may be my final sanding before I glass. The width is standard for In-Line air sanders something like 2.75 inches. I'll try to grab some pics.

Mike

Last edited by TheManShed; 11/17/09 07:33 PM.

Mike Shappell
www.themanshed.com
TMS-20 Builder
G-Cat 5.7 - Current Boat
NACRA 5.2 - early 70's