Originally Posted by Wouter

They have elected to be very development driven class's and accept the costs assosiated with it. The F16 class wants to be a formula class, very open to development but does not accept this would drive the boats up dramatically in price if the class becomes competitive enough and stakes high enough to warrant.

That is a strawman argument Stephen. First you postulate that we don't and then you blame us for it.

I see in fact that the F16 sailors embrace "controlled development" under the given rules (think 1.8 kg daggers instead of 3.0 gk daggers) and to our surprise it has not raised costs beyond the F18's or A's yet. We're also now at the 3rd generation of F16's and I see no (public) fits by owners of 1st generation boats. We all seem to be very content with what we got here. Older boats get sold on and grow the class while the more serious sailors are on new designs.

The guys throwing annual fits at every start of a new EU season (souring the market ?) are not F16 boat owners at all.

In fact, it is actually you and macca who don't accept any development in the F16 class and the costs that may or may not be associated with that. We are willing to take the risk, you are not. So make up your mind and get involved (and accept the situation as it is) or stay out of the class (and let us be).

Wouter

I will be taking the risk soon. And I am defending people who have been told they are wrong (both on and off line). I did not start the $hit fight but have every right to defend and agree with someone else's comments. It is a discussuion forum isn't it?????