"I spent two days trying to get to Seattle once, I ended up going to DFW to get to SEA and eventually on to HNL."

One of the big reasons we MOVED TO FLORIDA in 1997 was because we had a nightmare experience trying to get home from visiting my wife's Mother down here in Sebring one year.

It took the 6 of us (4 kids ages 1, 4, 8, 8) two days, on 4 flights, to simply get from Orlando to Boston! We had to FLY from Orlando to Tampa, then on to Cincinnati, then to Atlanta. Get a hotel room at midnight, get up at 5am, return to the airport for the 7am flt. to Boston. I said, "We are NEVER doing that again! We have never flown with all the kids since.

I would actually rather drive than go to the airport, I can listen to MY music and do as I please. I just can't add 2 days on each end of a 1 week regatta for travel, due to my limited time off.

And if I'm going to drive all the way up to Conn, I'm going to keep going the extra 3 hours to my Mom's house in NH and sail it up there against the kids I grew up racing against. It would be great to see them again!

Blade F16