As to the Mystere 5.0 XL, it's an excellent solo boat. Unfortunately, I sold mine to step up to a 5.5, found that the 5.5 was not my "soul mate" but I could never find another 5.0 XL. Andrew (MN3) now is loving my old 5.5.

I went back to 16 feet and now solo a Nacra 5.0 with spin. The Nacra 5.0 is also an excellent solo platform but I'd much rather have the old Mystere 5.0XL (sniff frown ). And you're right that the specific M5.0 you saw was a real dog. Also, it was NOT an XL.

Daniel, you will find when you race the MiniMacho why F16 is not popular in the Dunedin fleet....shallow water inside the islands. Swing centerboards and boardless are 95% of our fleet. You'd best practice the inside route before the race or you'll be fixing mashed up boards and board throats. It can be done but you need to learn the local shoals. Out in the Gulf it's fine but even there you'll find unexpected shoals way offshore (South Three Rooker pass). Don't ask me how I know. Also, the beer is on the inside islands.

Perfect boat? Different strokes for different folks.