Man, these folks know how to put on a regatta:
15 boats registered.., and some hot entries.
Supposed to have 5-10 out of the NE today, and started out like that. But, the forecasted wind petered out and the sea breeze battled with the forecasted wind. Seabreeze was out of the South.., Ouch!
I managed to get sizable lead to weather mark and held it to shortened couse finish.
We beached and lunched and watched the two wind patterns fight it out most of the afternoon.
About 3PM the frontal wind was starting to win, so we went back out to winds of 5-7, and very shifty, with lots of holes.
I nailed a great start and was able to walk over the boats to leeward. Most of the fleet tacked off to the right side of the course. However, I saw a dark patch of water off the left, so held.
Sure enough it was a starboard header, so tacked and was overstanding the mark with the fleet all well below. I was going to be a mile ahead.
NOT
Just before the mark was a hole and port tack header. Seven boats crossed ahead.
Charlie Trinque had the lead and kept it.
I managed to get back in 4th, but we now have a near 4-way tie for first.., actually four boats only 1 point apart.
WInds tomorrow around 15 and 20 on Sunday.
Looking forward to not drifting.
Rick

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com