Originally Posted by Undecided
That I get really, really sad.

The Tybee was more than just a race to a lot of us (I named my dog after the race) - I know Trey feels the same way I do... every regatta we used to roll into would be just another primer and practice for the "big dance" in early May. Its almost like a job getting ready for it, and keeping in shape for it, and keeping the boat in order, and doing the logistics (well ok, Allie did that for us Thank GOD) but when it stopped happening - a big part of what made me get up every morning and made me motivated to make myself better stopped happening too.

I know its just not me, I've spoken to others in the community that ache for it to come back again. I just drove home this afternoon from a nice day on the beach at Flagler. I had my dogs with me, my wife, and my fishing poles and the WHOLE time I was looking at the wind on the water and wishing that I was on the Nacra out there crashing through the first set of rollers.

I just hope it happens again before I'm too fragile to do it - because I really want a reason to start sailing again.

Hang in there Tad... you have plenty of catsailing left in you before you hang it up.

The Tybee and Worrell will always be the gold standard for those of us who, for whatever reason, never did one. That can't be taken away from you.

I am proud to have sat with you and Bailey at CSC on New Years Day. I am proud that I have had warm (and not so warm) dialogue with Todd (how many Worrells, Down the Bays, Tybees, Steeple Chases?). I am happy to have casually known Trey, Jake, Mike, Todd, Brenden, JW and a host of others.

Don't give up. I quit for 25 years and came back. I still have a few Mug Races and such in me left at 70. Maybe another Steeple Chase.

Rick White is older than dirt. I struggle to keep him honest. cool

[Linked Image]

Jack Woehrle
Hobie Wave #100, Tiger Shark III
HCA-NA 5022-1
USSailing 654799E
Alachua FL/Put-In-Bay