Originally Posted by samc99us
That is the general issue with U.S Sailing today. The program still has not figured out how to get more people racing after college, in the Olympics etc. There is a huge disconnect between college sailing and the real-world. Most college sailors enjoy sailing so will do it post-grad but on what boat is the question. Not enough have exposure to fast boats or tweaky Olympic type boats and I still don't see U.S Sailing changing this to get more sailors on the performance dinghy and/or Olympic circuit, it's still the elite playing that game and you have to pay $$$.

Oh come on. I know that bashing US Sailing is a popular activity on this forum, but blaming US Sailing for kids not continuing to sail after college is rediculous. It's not like college sailors live in a bubble! Chances are at some point in their sailing career, they have gone to a yacht club and seen a high performance boat (F18, 49er, Acat, etc), flipped through a magazine and seen pictures, talked to other sailors about their experiences on other boats, etc.

You found a way to further your sailing after college sailing, as did I. I can't speak for you, but US Sailing had nothing to do with that! I feel sorry for the sailor that gave up sailing after college and woke up 20 years later and realized all the great sailing that they missed and said "damn you US Sailing, it's your fault I missed out on all the great sailing opportunities!"

If your havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but my beautiful wife ain't one