Originally Posted by abbman
Can anyone direct me to the Nacra Class Rules? I am having trouble finding them. I am specifically looking for rules pertaining to the 5.2 class, even though I know they are no longer in production. Specifically, I am looking for the rules that state main sail and jib sail requirements for class racing. This is to determine conformity of a sail being used at my local club for open portsmouth racing. I believe the Nacra 5.2 rules, in their last version, required a class legal boat to carry the original pin-top sail plan. Any help in locating these documents would be greatly appreciated.

From what I understand; just about all of the 5.2 sails we made from Dacron and made by Elliott Patteson.

I would put the burden of proof back on the owner... unless they can prove otherwise they should take non-class legal sail hit... DP-N X .995 in this case 72.1 X .995 = 71.73.

MN For non-class legal mainsail, of same sail area or less than class legal mainsail (use to be the Sq Top rule)

Is the boat in question sailing with a square top sail then its a .980 factor... 72.1 X .980 = 70.65

ML - For non-class legal mainsail, of greater sail area (>5%) than standard main.

But, and there is always a but... with these sails hitting 30 plus years old and many folks upgrading their sails out of necessity; if it is a pin top I would let it go, square top use the modification factor...

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 05/23/16 04:51 PM.