Originally Posted by brucat
Originally Posted by Damon Linkous
Originally Posted by brucat
I took a hiatus because of the ads. Not because I don't want this place to make money, but because there were some extremely inappropriate ads being displayed. My kids (7 and 11) use this phone and my PC, and I don't need them to be seeing some of the stuff that came up.

Mike,

That is concerning, is this a recent problem (last six months?).

All the ads running on Catsailor are supplied by the Google Adwords program. There shouldn't be any NSFW type ads at all. The ads Google serves to a particular browser session depend on the context of the page and the browsing habits of the visitor.

I mostly see ads for software, shopping, and outdoor stuff.

There are no popups, pop-overs, pop-unders or anything like that running on the site, so if anyone sees anything like that it is probably a problem (malware) with your computer/browser.

If you do spot an ad that you don't like for any reason, look at the top right of the ad and there is a little X or the AdChoices symbol, if you click carefully on that you get the choice to report the ad.

Hope that helps and welcome back.

It was within the last six months. Regardless of what Google tells you, it has nothing to do with browsing habits. Yes, I see stuff come up related to browsing (boat stuff, house stuff, tractor stuff), but I'm married with kids, and have never searched for an Oriental (or any other) wife, which was actually the tamer of the options.

The final straw was a cruise company, I won't repeat the details. I've never been on a cruise, and have never searched for one, whether normal or this "special" one.

I'm not clicking on any tiny little arrow or X to make these go away. One fat finger, and I'll be taken to those sites.

Mike

They are absolutely based on your browsing history! I'm betting you guys don't see ads for CNC router systems. Actually, more accurately, it's based on your demographic that Google has put you in based on your browsing history combined with your browsing history.

Jake Kohl