Hi all,

I don't have time for this post but I have to let you know.
Reggatta was well worth doing. Spinnaker Fleet was Tornado x 2, Taipan 5.7, Nacra F18, Taipans two up x 3, F16 one up Blade and Altered.

Saturday first race was one lap of buoy's 8km. apart downwind start. 10 to 15kts. Altered did OK trapped of transom most of the way but Taipans worked gusts and angles better downwind, Altered started upwind just behind last Taipan, Taipans got away a little in lighter breeze at start of beat, Altered held gap for rest of windward with breeze increasing Tornado passed by half way up work he must have had problems? Blade was next. I don't think Phil would mind me saying the weekend was a tune up for him and the Blade, to much time designing and building not enough sailing, but he improved rapidly.

Second race. 15 to 20kts. 2 laps. Start was wild big gusts, Altered capsized so did Blade others dissapeared in cloud of spray. Altered and Blade proceeded to race each other as others where to far ahead. Taipan 5.7 broke mast and 4.9's and one Tornado pulled out for various reasons. Very choppy at bottom of course Altered was sailing higher than Blade which was going faster, we stayed close together until the flatter water and shiftier breeze at top of course where Altered pulled away. We learn't heaps off each other, Altered learnt to depower main downwind, Blade learnt it needed a cleat to hold main for that long upwind. To our surprise only one Tornado and the Nacra F18 finished leaving Altered 3rd. and Blade 4th.

Saturday night was good chin wag with club catsailors not use to F16 concept, they where sceptical until SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
First race one lap of buoy's 5km. apart. Gusty 8 to 15kts. Very flat water. Nacra F18 and Altered blasted of the start to work the gusts and angles for a huge lead at bottom mark. Nacra F18 got away a bit from Altered gybing faster, more hands to do the work? But Altered had every bit of their speed trapping off transom. Altered pulled away from Nacra F18 up beat working shifts better and finished a boat length ahead of fast finishing Tornado, LINE HONOURS FOR F16 ONE UP. Blade mixed it with Taipans.

Second race two laps. 5 to 15 kts. Very flat water. It threatened to be windier but was lighter on average than race one. Everybody was watching Altered at start Tornado made the most of gusts and broke away, Altered looked like it was heading wrong way, so Taipans and Nacra F18 gybed away leaving Altered with Blade following. Tornado had big lead at start of beat with Altered well ahead of the rest, Tornado held lead up beat with Alterd holding lead over the rest. Next downwind Tornado held lead with Nacra F18 and Taipans getting closer to Altered, back upwind Nacra F18 and one Taipan went right out to the side of course Taipan came out best closing on Altered, Tornado finished well ahead with Altered next just holding off the Taipan which had the speed advantage in light winds near finish when Altered couldn't trapeze, only seconds seperated them, Blade mixed it with other Taipans. F16 ONE UP SECOND TO Tornado I can live with that!

Overall results, Nacra F18 Ist. Tornado 2nd. F16 one up Altered 3rd. Full results will be posted on PKSC club site. Hopefully photo's also. The locals are no longer sceptical about F16 in fact we could have some converts.

F16 one up has some real potential, given as much time on the water as other classes the future looks good, for racing boat for boat against anything, just got to learn how to handle stong downwind?

Regards Gary.