Has anyone seen the 3-way roller fairleads in the Hobie catalog that are intended to replace the bullseye fairleads or the two-post roller fairleads?
<br>
<br>I lost my traditional roller fairlead on my starboard jib cleat a couple of weeks ago so I thought I'd try one of these.
<br>
<br>Has anyone used one of these before on a jib block? Is it class legal if you want to race?
<br>
<br>Where is the best place to tie-down the end of the jib sheet? The 'traditional' low-profile jib blocks come with a padeye over the rollers where you can figure-8 the end of your jib sheet; but these 3-way rollers don't come with that. I tried adding one but it's not a really good fit. I think the tie-down should probably go somewhere else. Where could I put it? I'm thinking maybe in the center of the jib traveller track just in front. Would that work? It's a bit invasive (since I'd have to drill my crossbar) so I'd rather not go ahead and try it just to find out that it shouldn't have been done in the first place... (i.e., dumb idea, won't work, better elsewhere, or not class legal ... are some potential reasons I can think of .. are any of them valid?)
<br>
<br>What do other people do? Stick with the usual 2-way rollers? Where are these 3-way rollers being used, somebody must be buying them if Hobie is selling them?
<br>
<br>Thanks for any advice!!!
<br><br><br>

Attached Files
1423- (61 downloads)