06/18/10 03:57 PM
Asuncion, Paraguay
Luiz Offline
veteran
Luiz  Offline
veteran

Asuncion, Paraguay
Originally Posted by Stewart
Why dont I watch soccer? simple.. remember the "hand of god" goal that won Argentina the cup??? remember various players taking diver to get a penalty? Fact is an Italian player just made a dive and sort a penalty when he was obviously a distance from any other player!! Did anyone else see the hand ball that won France over England in the European cup? Seems the players are trained actors and seek to fraudulently win games. FIFA has no interest in making sure the games are fail.. They rejected TV umpires so agree with the status quo.

+1

Luiz
Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: Stewart] #214122
06/18/10 04:29 PM
06/18/10 04:29 PM
Hamburg
Smiths_Cat Offline
addict
Smiths_Cat  Offline
addict

Hamburg
Why dont I watch soccer? simple.. remember the "hand of god" goal that won Argentina the cup??? remember various players taking diver to get a penalty? Fact is an Italian player just made a dive and sort a penalty when he was obviously a distance from any other player!! Did anyone else see the hand ball that won France over England in the European cup? Seems the players are trained actors and seek to fraudulently win games. FIFA has no interest in making sure the games are fail.. They rejected TV umpires so agree with the status quo.

Im on my way back from Africa.. Those horns are annoying!! monotone droning.. Heck if I was on a jury and someone was on a murder charge for killing someone carrying one of them.. I would acquit on the grounds it was a mercy killing!!

This weekend its England vs Australian Wallabies Rugby Union test...

You seems to be a tolerant man.
And you are looking for a perfect fair world. Ok, but why are you sailing? I don't know any other sport, where so many winner are declared by a race commitee, jury or court instead on the water. Not speaking about rating systems.

And I say this after the 7 yellow cards in the Germany - Serbia match. mad

Cheers,

Klaus

Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: Smiths_Cat] #214137
06/18/10 09:52 PM
06/18/10 09:52 PM
S
Slight Offline
stranger
Slight  Offline
stranger
S

Originally Posted by Smiths_Cat

Im on my way back from Africa.. Those horns are annoying!! monotone droning.. Heck if I was on a jury and someone was on a murder charge for killing someone carrying one of them.. I would acquit on the grounds it was a mercy killing!!

This weekend its England vs Australian Wallabies Rugby Union test...

You seems to be a tolerant man.
And you are looking for a perfect fair world. Ok, but why are you sailing? I don't know any other sport, where so many winner are declared by a race commitee, jury or court instead on the water. Not speaking about rating systems.

And I say this after the 7 yellow cards in the Germany - Serbia match. mad

Cheers,

Klaus

that and you can get a handball with your face now and have goals called back through the power of the refs imagination. some shotty refing today mad

Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: Slight] #214170
06/19/10 03:01 PM
06/19/10 03:01 PM
“an island in the Pacifi...
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

“an island in the Pacifi...
[Linked Image]

US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: Smiths_Cat] #214198
06/20/10 04:14 AM
06/20/10 04:14 AM
Western Australia
Stewart Offline
old hand
Stewart  Offline
old hand

Western Australia
Sorry but the limited viewing I have unfortunately wasted watching soccer.. Seems the umpires tend to win the game not the players.

Btw the Umpiring in the England vs Wallabies wasn't great either..

Inconsistent and poor umpiring at "world" level seems to be the bane of all sports.. At least in sailing there is a jury who decide an infraction. Not a short sighed wannabe who wants to be the game..

Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: Luiz] #214209
06/20/10 06:36 AM
06/20/10 06:36 AM
F
F18arg Offline
F18arg  Offline
F

"Argentina won a Cup with the hand of God...." well Stewart,
you don´t need to repeat what English fans cry about every single day of their life.

Sport games are not that fair, as mentioned by Smithcats.

Do you know England won a cup with a goal that never entered or passed the line? against Germany in 1966? did you know that?
I don´t see Germans complaining, its due, its over.

And yes , the only thing that won the Cup for Argentina was the hand of god.... and not the 2nd goal that is the most incredible goal in history and all the other matches and the best final so far :Arg 3 Ger 2

Before saying that you should talk to Gary Lineker or Gascoigne, what they've would done in the same situation.

Its simple the referee did not see it, bud luck for England, same for Germany in 1966, same with last game with USA where they've should have won it right away 3-2.

So it is not a fair 100% game, as any other sport and as Life too.

Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: F18arg] #214210
06/20/10 06:48 AM
06/20/10 06:48 AM
Sebring, Florida.
Timbo Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Timbo  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Sebring, Florida.
So I guess that's why they allow a game to end in a Tie! That way, no matter how bad the officiating, at least nobody loses over it!

Blade F16
Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: Timbo] #214211
06/20/10 06:57 AM
06/20/10 06:57 AM
F
F18arg Offline
F18arg  Offline
F

FIFA could resolve all this referees huge mistakes with TV repeats as American Football and now Rugby Union does in key Try situations .

Using a TV replay USA would have won last match easily as it was badly denied a win, awfully I must say.

But I don´t know why fifa does not apply this, it would solve many unfair situations!

Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: F18arg] #214213
06/20/10 07:34 AM
06/20/10 07:34 AM
Western Australia
Stewart Offline
old hand
Stewart  Offline
old hand

Western Australia
As I stated there are many examples of soccer games being won or drawn by the umpires and not the players.. FIFA wants the status quo to remain as they need the media circus.

Yes Rugby (both codes) us a TV umpire.. I dont know about gridion. As do many other professional sports..

Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: F18arg] #214217
06/20/10 08:48 AM
06/20/10 08:48 AM
Looking for a Job, I got credi...
scooby_simon Offline
Hull Flying, Snow Sliding....
scooby_simon  Offline
Hull Flying, Snow Sliding....
Carpal Tunnel

Looking for a Job, I got credi...
Originally Posted by F18arg
"Argentina won a Cup with the hand of God...." well Stewart,
you don´t need to repeat what English fans cry about every single day of their life.

Sport games are not that fair, as mentioned by Smithcats.

Do you know England won a cup with a goal that never entered or passed the line? against Germany in 1966? did you know that?
I don´t see Germans complaining, its due, its over.

And yes , the only thing that won the Cup for Argentina was the hand of god.... and not the 2nd goal that is the most incredible goal in history and all the other matches and the best final so far :Arg 3 Ger 2

Before saying that you should talk to Gary Lineker or Gascoigne, what they've would done in the same situation.

Its simple the referee did not see it, bud luck for England, same for Germany in 1966, same with last game with USA where they've should have won it right away 3-2.

So it is not a fair 100% game, as any other sport and as Life too.

remind me what the score was in the '66 game.

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here
Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: scooby_simon] #214219
06/20/10 09:27 AM
06/20/10 09:27 AM
F
F18arg Offline
F18arg  Offline
F

If I naiming Paul 'Gazza' Gascoigne (one of the most talented players I've seen) you can tell I appreciate English football and I like the way the Premiere style, simple and more entertaining.
This is not a Arg-Eng thing... forget it!

I respond clearly and to the point of that silly argument of winning a whole world cup process by the hand (and the foot wink of "god" , leaving the other aspects behind.

Doubtfull goal for England in 66 final, and as we have a doubtfull penalty charged in the 90's final... and the list can go on for ever

All cups are full of unfair decisions, that´s the real issue here, and I guess Baseball and NBA have their share of errors too.

Personally I agree with US fans, football need more score situations ,
fifa even analyzed to make a bigger goal fit, that´s a good idea.

Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: F18arg] #214221
06/20/10 10:05 AM
06/20/10 10:05 AM
Sebring, Florida.
Timbo Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Timbo  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Sebring, Florida.
The NBA has started using video replay for some situations, but only in the last two minutes of play. They really could call a foul on nearly every play, there is a lot of pushing and shoving, and the guy with the ball is traveling half the time. Baseball is now using video replay as well, but not for the balls/strikes calls, only for other inbounds/out of bounds and home runs that hit the pole or fence, type situations.

The technology exists that where a computer could call balls/strikes with 100% accuracy, but then whom would you -pay off- to have the game go your way?

But I think FIFA (and all other professional sports) should jump into the 21st Century and start using video replay for any call that could change the outcome of the game, such as questionable hand balls, goals and offsides leading to a goal.

And what's with all the "flopping"? Geez what a bunch of bad actors! There should be a penalty kick awarded to the other team, just for the bad acting! That would stop that crap quickly.

And no more Ties! Let them continue to play into "sudden death" overtime until somebody scores a legitimate goal, video reviewed of course...

Blade F16
Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: Timbo] #214225
06/20/10 11:14 AM
06/20/10 11:14 AM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
Originally Posted by Timbo
The NBA has started using video replay for some situations, but only in the last two minutes of play. They really could call a foul on nearly every play, there is a lot of pushing and shoving, and the guy with the ball is traveling half the time. Baseball is now using video replay as well, but not for the balls/strikes calls, only for other inbounds/out of bounds and home runs that hit the pole or fence, type situations.

The technology exists that where a computer could call balls/strikes with 100% accuracy, but then whom would you -pay off- to have the game go your way?

But I think FIFA (and all other professional sports) should jump into the 21st Century and start using video replay for any call that could change the outcome of the game, such as questionable hand balls, goals and offsides leading to a goal.

And what's with all the "flopping"? Geez what a bunch of bad actors! There should be a penalty kick awarded to the other team, just for the bad acting! That would stop that crap quickly.

And no more Ties! Let them continue to play into "sudden death" overtime until somebody scores a legitimate goal, video reviewed of course...

The acting is why I quit watching professional basketball. It drives me nuts. It bothers me in the soccer as well ... and it's probably much worse. I saw a guy get hauled off on a stretcher near the end of the game on Friday and someone just barely touched his calf muscle. Man up! I bet I could get into watching rugby.

Jake Kohl
Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: Timbo] #214226
06/20/10 11:37 AM
06/20/10 11:37 AM
Hamburg
Smiths_Cat Offline
addict
Smiths_Cat  Offline
addict

Hamburg
First you make video decissions, some years later you will introduce court decission. The dead of any sport. It is good, that the decission is made instantly, even with the risk of being wrong. There would never be a an after-match party, if you have to wait for the official result.
A bit coincidence is good for any sport. Like shifty winds. With video analysis, todays Italy:NZ would be 1:0, or 2:0 or more because of a yellow-red card for this one Kiwi guy who uses always his elbows... anyway it adds a lot of spice that Italy now has to win and in NZ is big party tonight. If you can't bear that, don't look it. But before you judge it, trz to understand it. At the end, those mistakes lift soccer games to an epic dimension. I am sure in NZ, people will still speak in ten years about the match od today. Even today we Germans speak (speak, not complain) about the lost final in 1966, we even have an expression in our language for it. Matches like Germany-England or Ger-Ned, France-Italy and so on are classics, exactly because of those uncertainities.

And by the way, don't reduce Maradonna to that single goal. He is one of the best, maybe the best footballer so far. And there is a good chance that he will win the cup a second time. Or maybe -as 2006 Germany- kicks Argentina out of the games, not because we have the better player (we don't have), but a fighting team and a bit of luck.

Cheers,

Klaus

Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: Smiths_Cat] #214233
06/20/10 01:36 PM
06/20/10 01:36 PM
Sebring, Florida.
Timbo Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Timbo  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Sebring, Florida.
Jake, I agree, the Lakers and that big pussy Artest, with his backflop when Rhondo touched his arm, too funny! And I too prefer watching Rugby, no flopping there, the same with hockey and American football, put your pads on and go take some hits, no flopping or yellow cards for getting hit too hard! Soccer has just proven itself as a game for cry babies.

Blade F16
Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: Smiths_Cat] #214241
06/20/10 08:13 PM
06/20/10 08:13 PM
F
F18arg Offline
F18arg  Offline
F

Way beyond that goal... some just insist to reduce all to it.

To definitely close my point:
Today Brasil won with a goal made with TWO (2) "hands of god" in the same play by the same player...

But no big deal will be made, as it is not an elimination match and he, of course, is not Maradona...

So here you have an example of the extreme animosity to the Argie.

What you need to understand is that he comes from the low of lowest poorest neighborhoods, nothing granted, no high education, and being a 10 year old child he had a dream (caught on film by tv): "When I grow up I want to play a World Cup and become World Champion with Argentina" , well he did just that! and many other sport achievements.

Besides his rants outside the field, that are private matters and no one agrees are right and only hurts himself , he is just an Unique talented human being.

Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: F18arg] #214245
06/20/10 10:54 PM
06/20/10 10:54 PM
Asuncion, Paraguay
Luiz Offline
veteran
Luiz  Offline
veteran

Asuncion, Paraguay
So here you have an example of the extreme animosity to the Argie.

Not all argentineans, just the porteños... smile smile smile and that´s only ´cause they speak spanish with an italian accent to pretend that they´re english...

...being a 10 year old child he had a dream (caught on film by tv): "When I grow up I want to play a World Cup and become World Champion with Argentina" , well he did just that! and many other sport achievements...

...but the other "achievements" were in winter sports, weren't they? I heard it had to do with snow or something... he probably had an accident in the snow, for he spent a lot of time in a cuban hospital afterwards smile smile smile

Back to reality, soccer is not a sport, it's show business, much like the Harlem Globe Trotters, only with a lot more money involved. Keep that in mind and you'll understand everything.

One example: during the S.American eliminatory series for this cup Paraguay led the scoreboard very early and needed one win to guaranty its classification. Then I predicted that the team would not win until others would catch up. Why?

Simple: after a team's position is safe the remaining games are of less interest, so tickets and tv rights yield less profits. Guess what: three defeats in a row.

Cheers!

Luiz
Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: F18arg] #214246
06/21/10 01:15 AM
06/21/10 01:15 AM
Western Australia
Stewart Offline
old hand
Stewart  Offline
old hand

Western Australia
So a TV umpire would have disallowed those "goals". end of case..
You may just get the umpires together before the series and select the winner..

Re: Why do Americans hate football? [Re: F18arg] #214247
06/21/10 01:30 AM
06/21/10 01:30 AM
Western Australia
Stewart Offline
old hand
Stewart  Offline
old hand

Western Australia
btw looking forward to the expanded tri-nations going to a 4 southern 4 nations in two years.. The Pumas should have been included in a series years ago.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 440 guests, and 92 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022