06/30/12 03:13 PM
Seabrook, TX
Sailinghoutx Offline
stranger
Sailinghoutx  Offline
stranger

Seabrook, TX
RE: Jeff Peterson

Jeff, I'm just another cat sailor, been sailing Prindles for 20 years. I am not affiliated with Slo Sail and Canvas in any way. I discovered them from two other catamaran sailors at the Texas City Dike that have Slo tramps and I liked what I saw. So, I ordered one for my P-19 and am very happy with it. I can send you a copy of the invoice, a photo of my boat, etc. I only wanted to give credit where credit is due. Karl treated me well, as far as I'm concerned he runs his business as it should be. I know there are times when things go wrong and people are unhappy with a company but from most of the posts I've seen Slo Sails and Canvas is a quality and professionally run operation!

As for posting on an old thread? I had an excellent experience dealing with Slo Sails and that's what forums are all about, INFORMATION....I just ordered the tramp this past week. I thought other sailors would like to know peoples various experiences with companies, mine happened to be positive.

Last edited by Sailinghoutx; 06/30/12 03:26 PM.

Morris Covin

Prindle 16 sail #5229
Prindle 16 sail #8647
Current ride; Prindle 19 sail #309
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Very bad business from SLO Sail and Canvas [Re: Sailinghoutx] #250357
06/30/12 10:43 PM
06/30/12 10:43 PM
Gulf Coast relocated from Cali...
TeamChums Offline
veteran
TeamChums  Offline
veteran

Maybe I'll regret posting this but I heard through the grapevine that if the complaining party wasn't such a d!ck to SLO in the first place and slamming him on every forum possible, things would have been much different.

Lee

Keyboard sailors are always faster in all conditions.
Re: Very bad business from SLO Sail and Canvas [Re: TeamChums] #250399
07/01/12 07:07 PM
07/01/12 07:07 PM
Florida Suncoast, Dunedin Caus...
catman Offline
Pooh-Bah
catman  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Good old grapevine. Right every time. Isn't nice to know that slo talks to the grapevine but ignores the customer.

Does it say on their site place your order and send us your pattern and don't try and contact us again. If you do we will ignore you and keep your pattern ( in this case the pattern was a friends tramp ) and then laugh it off to the grapevine saying the guy is a dick because he sent a email or made a phone call. Really??

slo uses the Internet to gain business when they don't fulfill their end the Internet can and should be used to inform others.

Have Fun
Re: Very bad business from SLO Sail and Canvas [Re: ] #250414
07/02/12 07:09 AM
07/02/12 07:09 AM
H
Hullflyer1 Offline
enthusiast
Hullflyer1  Offline
enthusiast
H

I am not sure that the person who started these posts knows how much positive advertising he has created for slosails. It appears to be about 98% positive 2% negative. I would take those numbers any day.

Re: Very bad business from SLO Sail and Canvas [Re: Hullflyer1] #250422
07/02/12 08:00 AM
07/02/12 08:00 AM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
the probably would want to have started a thread with a different title, though.

Jake Kohl
Re: Very bad business from SLO Sail and Canvas [Re: Jeff Peterson] #250435
07/02/12 08:50 AM
07/02/12 08:50 AM

M
MN3
Unregistered
MN3
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Jeff Peterson
Did the original problem ever get resolved?

No. the (borrowed) tramp that was sent to Karl as a template was never returned (despite him telling J from Surf City he would either complete the project or return the template) and my calls, emails, and voice mails were never returned

Re: Very bad business from SLO Sail and Canvas [Re: TeamChums] #250436
07/02/12 08:56 AM
07/02/12 08:56 AM

M
MN3
Unregistered
MN3
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by TeamChums
Maybe I'll regret posting this but I heard through the grapevine that if the complaining party wasn't such a d!ck to SLO in the first place and slamming him on every forum possible, things would have been much different.

If you come into a contract with me , and I send you my friends trampoline to use as a template, then you fall off the face of the earth for 3 or 4 months, and don't return my friends tramp... i will never stop complaining and telling people my experience with your company and total lack of professionalism.

If it wasn't my friends tramp... i probably wouldn't care as much.

send this back up your "grapevine"... Be a adult and return a clients email or phone call, or complete the contract or return the customers materials and you wont have "dicks" posting how terrible your customer service was in this case on all the forums.

Last edited by MN3; 07/02/12 08:58 AM.
Re: Very bad business from SLO Sail and Canvas [Re: ] #250439
07/02/12 09:48 AM
07/02/12 09:48 AM
TeamChums Offline
veteran
TeamChums  Offline
veteran

Since we're on the subject of bad service, here's one; In 2004, I ordered a main and jib (prepaid) for my H21SE from Calvert Sails. I think I placed the order in March and paid for it with the promis of around 4 weeks or less delivery. By the end of May I was a bit worried after no returned calls from Joe or Dave. When my sails came in, there was a spinnaker sent with them. I thought that was a bit strange. I just tossed it aside since I was just glad I got my sails finally. I had another main by Calvert that came with the boat and was changing over the battens and the top 3 were way too long. They made this one with the square top much smaller for some reason. Then when I got around to raising it, it would pull out of the track when it hit the comptip making it nearly impossible to raise it without laying the boat on it's side (which is a PIA to do with wings). This time it was the first of June and I was going to do the GT300 on this boat. I got a call from Dave Calvert wondering if I recieved a spinnaker. I said yes and he asked me to drop it off at UPS because they had a pissed off customer wanting his spinnaker. I asked him for the guy's address and I'd send it to him myself, which I did. I also told him about the main pulling out of the track. His response was that he was trying more luff curve in the sail to make it perform better. I asked about why the square top was so much smaller, his answer was "we think it will go to weather better". I told him to do R &D on his own stuff, not what I;m paying full price for. I knew there wasn't enough time before the GT300 to send it back and told him that. He said try it, if I don't like, send it back and he'd change it. After the GT, I sent it back ....in July. September comes around and still no sail. Every time I called, Dave was out somewhere. October I get a call after I had an attorney send a letter demanding a refund. They said they sent it weeks ago. They sent it to the wrong address (sound familiar?) It gets better....Dave had the nerve to ask me to pay for a new sail since I had already used the first one once. His argument was that it had "depreciated" and wasn't a new sail when I sent it back. I finally got a new sail in November. I'm sure many people have had great experiences with Calvert but I didn't.
The funny thing was when we went to do the GT, I saw that spinn flying on a N6.0 in that race. It was unmistakable, black, purple and blue. I told my crew, look that's the chute that sat in my house in California that we were wondering about.

Lee

Keyboard sailors are always faster in all conditions.
Re: Very bad business from SLO Sail and Canvas [Re: ] #250448
07/02/12 10:36 AM
07/02/12 10:36 AM
V
Ventucky Red Offline
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline
veteran
V

Originally Posted by Hullflyer1
I am not sure that the person who started these posts knows how much positive advertising he has created for SLO Sails. It appears to be about 98% positive 2% negative. I would take those numbers any day.

Have a friend that is a divorce attorney and her favorite saying is; “you have his story, you have her story, and somewhere in the middle lays the truth.”

It appears the MN3 is the only one with the problem. Sure would like to see SLO Sails response to MN3’s allegations.

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 07/02/12 10:37 AM.
Re: Very bad business from SLO Sail and Canvas [Re: Ventucky Red] #250450
07/02/12 10:49 AM
07/02/12 10:49 AM

M
MN3
Unregistered
MN3
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Ventucky Red
It appears the MN3 is the only one with the problem. Sure would like to see SLO Sails response to MN3’s allegations.

I heard only good things too, but 4 months after i sent karl the tramp (template) and posted his "disappearing" a few others had somewhat similar experiences

backwind - I ordered a sail from SLO that didn't come as promised and like you they have stopped answering my calls and have not replied to my emails. Keep us informed on you case. I would not use SLO sails and canvas again. Obviously.

azcat - I was going to have Karl build the sail for my N6.0. But I contacted him the week before last thanksgiving about downpayment etc., and he fell off the face of the planet. Finally gave up on trying to contact him around the first of the year. Thats when I contacted Chip. Good moove BTW.

I would LOVE to hear SLO (Karl's) response, and his excuses for stopping to communicate with a customer, failure to complete the work, and worst of all failure to return a customers property.

OR he could still return the template (or attempt to find another solution) and I this topic would be dead.

Remember J from Surf City contacted him ( 08/06/10 12:27 PM ) and spoke to Karl about it, ..."
A,
Talked to SLO on unrelated business today, and you'll get your tramp back shortly.

Re: Very bad business from SLO Sail and Canvas [Re: Hullflyer1] #250460
07/02/12 11:58 AM
07/02/12 11:58 AM
catman Offline
Pooh-Bah
catman  Offline
Pooh-Bah

I am not sure that the person who started these posts knows how much positive advertising he has created for slosails. It appears to be about 98% positive 2% negative. I would take those numbers any day.

This is comical. Really?? ....well we only screw two people per 100. Yup I'm good with that. Brilliant!

Do you have a business? Let me know cause I would NEVER call you.

Have Fun
Re: Very bad business from SLO Sail and Canvas [Re: catman] #250468
07/02/12 12:40 PM
07/02/12 12:40 PM
H
Hullflyer1 Offline
enthusiast
Hullflyer1  Offline
enthusiast
H

So what you are saying Mike is that 100% of the people you deal with are satisfied 100% of the time.
Originally Posted by catman

This is comical. Really?? ....well we only screw two people per 100. Yup I'm good with that. Brilliant!

Do you have a business? Let me know cause I would NEVER call you.

Re: Very bad business from SLO Sail and Canvas [Re: Hullflyer1] #250490
07/02/12 04:10 PM
07/02/12 04:10 PM
catman Offline
Pooh-Bah
catman  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Yes, I believe that to be 100% true.

There's another old saying, If your happy with your experience tell everyone, If your not tell me.

If I do something you don't like and you don't tell me then it's on you. Fair enough?

Have Fun
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 357 guests, and 95 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022