The first stages of organising have been completed.

We've contacted the involved (national) organisations and clubs (Westland Cup, Zandvoort)

We have gotten a green light by all.

It is now definate that we'll use GSM mobile phones for our communication. Instead of the official Mariphone. (requires a license and purchase of expensive equipment).

Cat club Zandvoort has expressed full welcome to us and we'll have a sate party on saterday night. We were lucky enough to program our event with the annual night race of this club and this is more of an excuse for a party than a real race. The whole cat club will come out and it will be very enjoyable till the early hours.

We are welcome to stay the whole weekend and stay overnight at the club. Same on our return trip which lets us pass this location. Conditions ? That we work up a good bar bill. With 12-16 persons I think we can do that. Although with the beer being 50 % cheaper at the club than at the beach bars next door I think we muststart early ! (joke)

I thank my the board of my homeclub Zandvoort for their great hospitality ; www.wvzandvoort.nl

We're still discussing wether to sail to Texel and do the neighbouring Island by bike and ferry or the sail on and land two islands further. This last option is a bit of a reach in terms of distance and the car + trailer combo can't follow the fleet after Texel.

It looks like another Dutch crew will be on a Stealth F16 in 2004 and also participate in the DCC. John Pierce is working hard and is talking about possibly 3-4 Stealths attending. 1 Australian crew is certain and we're looking at a second one to join as well.

All looks good.

Till the next update.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands