Well, with a couple days off work for Thanksgiving I decided to take my Hobie apart and store it in the basement so I could work on it over the winter. After taking it apart I discovered one of those things that one only discovers when he has to carry the large awkward 16 foot bananas through a tight door into a crowded basement. The port hull is approximately 40 pounds heavier than the starboard.
<br>
<br>The weight difference is so drastic that my wife (who helped carry the starboard with ease) couldn't even help lift it and I had to call my brother-in-law instead. This doesn't surprise me that much since it does have a puncture in the side and no less than three fiberglass repairs from previous owners. With a swamped hull my options are reduced to two, buy another port hull or sail without one. The later option might make for difficult tacking so I have settled on the former.
<br>
<br>If any of you guys have any leads as to where I could find a port hull (no year preference since the other is a 1973) please email me and let me know. I have heard the horror stories of shipping so I am going to stick with finding one in the midwest and picking it up myself. Thanks for your help and discussion.
<br>
<br>kyle _driggers@email.com <><
<br>H16 80065<br><br>

Attached Files
4305- (55 downloads)