05/21/02 07:44 AM
Arkansas, USA
Kirt Offline
enthusiast
Kirt  Offline
enthusiast

Arkansas, USA
Pipo-

You're not too philosophical- There are just some personality clashes here between people who are possibly too overeager, excited and positive and some who are too critical, passive-aggressive, and negative. Some people just really enjoy arguing and trying to prove they (or their opinions) are "right" and someone else is "wrong".

For all his vitriolic denunciations SE is not that bad in person (He didn't once say anything negative to Wouter in person, or any of the rest of us F 16HPers, at Spring Fever for instance) usually. He is just the type that likes a good argument so he goes looking for them. He's not perfect and has his faults but he's helped the local fleet and he's fairly active.

Just don't get in an argument with him unless you enjoy that also-

Kirt

Kirt Simmons Taipan #159, "A" cat US 48
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Taipan 4.9 was designed in 1988!! [Re: Pipo] #7057
05/21/02 08:56 AM
05/21/02 08:56 AM
California!
Inter_Michael Offline OP
Inter_Michael  Offline OP

California!
Wow...

All this tone just over a question about the fate of the Inter 20's post worrell......

Re: Fate of Inter 20's [Re: whitecaps] #7058
05/21/02 10:29 AM
05/21/02 10:29 AM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
I bough mine for a similar reason.... User friendly. Enjoying both distance (over 80 mile) and bouy races, two things were clear in selecting a boat: 1) Simplicity of design. My crew(s) don't need complicated things to play with, or get hurt on when flying around the course 2) Ease of operation. A heavy helm will kill you when you spent 4 hours on the same tack. I am really happy with the I-20 in these two areas. While it may end up not faster than the Marstrom M-20 or similar (although I think the D-PN for the F-18HT is slower than the I-20), it works for me and my various crewmembers. A happy crew means more opportunity to race!

Jay

Re: Fate of Inter 20's [Re: waterbug_wpb] #7059
05/21/02 01:16 PM
05/21/02 01:16 PM
Arkansas, USA
Kirt Offline
enthusiast
Kirt  Offline
enthusiast

Arkansas, USA
I totally agree! Sail what makes YOU (and your crew[s]) happy! That's the great thing right now is there are a lot of different boats to select between to find one that's the best for you- Realizing no one boat can be all things to even one person, let alone to all people. The I 20 is a good boat and does some things very well so I'm not worried about it's "fate" after the Worrell- Heck, seems like the Hobie 16 class carried on fine after they were no longer utilized in the Worrell and they were the exclusive boat for years-

Main thing is to get out there and sail and enjoy your sailing- whether that's on an "A" cat or Gibb's cat, Sizzler, Hobie 21, ARC 22, Roberts 30, Hobie Wave, whatever!

At least we all appreciate having more than one hull in the water (at least some of the time!)-

Kirt

Kirt Simmons Taipan #159, "A" cat US 48
Re: hung by your own words [Re: Wouter] #7060
05/29/02 05:33 PM
05/29/02 05:33 PM
samevans Offline
enthusiast
samevans  Offline
enthusiast

10/5/01: You signed with: Constructing Taipan 4,9 based F16HP sailnr. 243

“Constructing” is a verb, it means you are actually, physically building a boat back in OCTOBER OF LAST YEAR!!! You had already picked the sailnumber 243, so that little whiney act about Sandra wanting the number 16 was just more wousy bull. So you have ONE "official" f16hp in Europe.

10/05/01: From Kirt Simmons: Have you started building your boat? Are you taking photos…

Your response: Will save you all alot of time by waiting for my photo's to be developped.

SE- You lied to your buddy Kirt. You led him to believe that you actually had a boat under construction that you could take pictures of, but didn’t need to. And then had him take care of you at SF. You are a great "friend" to have.

11/14/01: My mods : (mostly simple and nearly all Taipan 4.9 class compliant) Quick list :

yadda, yadda, yadda

SE- How do you modify something that does not exist?

12/14/01: My boat will be an F16HP one-off heavily based on the Taipan 4.9 design. The only feature that don't make it a class legal T4.9 is that I'm going to sail with a slightly higher mast to let the platform take the genaker (bag) better.

The rest is all per plans and standard.

SE- If the only difference is a taller mast, how in the world can YOU claim to be the "designer"?

12/26/01: As you know I'm trying to fit a taller mast to my taipan 4.9

SE- How do you “fit” mast to a boat that does not exist?

3/21/02: I'm building Taipan hulls right now and will have a Taipan mast on my F16 one-off design. I think I will call it a Taiphoon for it still resembles a Taipan 4.9 lot

SE- How generous of you. I’ll bet Jim Boyer would think it resembles HIS design an awful lot.

4/16/02: I have the plans and they are real. I'm hoping to finish my boat this summer

SE- But YOU SAID you were “BUILDING” the hulls LAST month.

4/26/02: At SF Bill and I rig my spi … I think I remember measuring my setup to 5.3 kg's including everything (manual bag launch system)

SE- So you have a complete spi setup and you dragged it over here, but no boat to put it on? Here’s a clue. Get a boat first and then buy extras for it.

4/27/02: I'm pretty certain that I will call my boat a typhoon F16.

SE- How about a BUFFOON F16?

5/13/02: To bad that I will be without a boat this year (Texel)

SE- Why not? You have been “building” a boat for SEVEN MONTHS!! What about your P18 w/spi? You have told us about the hundreds of hours you have spent teaching sailing. A little jaunt 'round Texel should be nothing for an expert like you.

You even lie to your nieve "friends" and supporters.

How low.

Do you spread the same sort of bull over there?

Maybe that is why you spend more time scamming a few US sailors than you do actually sailing in your own country.

When are you going to learn that your lies are stored for posterity? Every time you spread some garbage, all I have to do is a keyword search on the entire site and I can find irrefuteable proof of what you said previously.

You keep cranking out the lies and I will keep busting you.

Re: hung by your own words [Re: samevans] #7061
05/29/02 06:42 PM
05/29/02 06:42 PM
South Louisiana, USA
Clayton Offline
old hand
Clayton  Offline
old hand

South Louisiana, USA
Damn Sam, It looks like Wouter really got a bug up yours somewhere. You really should take a chill pill. So what if you think someone is feeding a line. Read it, digest what you want and use what you can. If it dosen't apply then let it go. Those of us that like to read and sail do just that and we don't care if someone claims to have built his own boat and not proven that its true. Hell I could get some pics and post them showing that I'm building a boat and convince anyone. And I wouldn't know where to start (I could probably figure it out though).

It just looks like he's got you cranked up and wasting time trying to refute anything he says. Again I say SO WHAT!!

Tell you what, I'm just a regular guy, sailing an old boat (2 that is, I can send pics if you need) my name is posted below, its real... You can research my postings and flame me for what its worth. Maybe you have posted something worth while at some time in the past, but I can't remember because all that comes to mind is blasting Wouter. Yep you've made your mark.

Suited up, flame on, (But I don't give a %$#^)

Clayton

Re: hung by your own words [Re: Clayton] #7062
05/31/02 11:25 AM
05/31/02 11:25 AM
samevans Offline
enthusiast
samevans  Offline
enthusiast

"Don't make waves". "They are not hurting you so don't worry about them." Let someone else worry about it". "Just ignore them and they will stop".

That is the attitude that caused 9/11.

The only one wasting his time here is you.

Take your own advice and don't read this.

I don't like liars.

I don't like liars trying to con other sailors into buying or doing something based upon fraudulent information.

I am an engineer, I especially don't like pseudo-engineers giving self-serving, bogus advice disguised as engineering calculations.

People come to this site for legitimate advice and information. When a "20 something" who owns a Prindle 16, that he won't sail, and a Prindle 18, that he can't sail because it leaks too bad, starts uttering pronouncements about sailing things he knows little or nothing about, it is up to us to "out" him. I quit being polite to him long ago.

P.S. You apparently weren't here pre 9/11 to hear any of Ws anti-US tirades.

Over the past few years he has insulted everything about US sailing from our organizations to individual sailors. All from someone who had never set foot in America and barely sailed in his own country.

He even made some rude anti-US comments after 9/11.

I don't need a suit and I care even less.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 357 guests, and 95 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022