I just put together my newest solo mast steping system and it works so well I wanted to share it with everyone. I'm always forced to sail alone, so I am always thinking of new ways to solo step the mast. I installed an electric winch on my trailer with a remote plug near the back to make it easier to load the boat solo. I have a switch with a 12' cord that runs the winch in and out. After I position the mast for raising I connect the hook on the winch to the rope I have on the mast. Now all I have to do while standing on the tramp is push the button on the switch to pull the winch cable in and the mast begins going up. I just guide it so as to not allow it to swing to the side. Once I have it up all the way, just remove the pin, attach the forstay and unhook the winch. I used to use a hand winch and the trapeze wires to stablize the mast. I still use a grade #8 bolt for the pin. I should also tell you that I use a mast holder that I made and mounted on casters to hold the top of the mast while it's down. I hope this helps all of you solo sailors.