12/23/06 03:53 AM
12/23/06 03:53 AM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe
Here a invitation to the F16 sailors to join the A's, F18 and I-2O for racing in :

LAKE PONTCHARTAIN MULTIHULL CHAMPIONSHIP

A new regatta for 2007 will take place April 14-15 on Lake Ponchartrain at the Pontchartrain Yacht Club in Mandeville, LA. Invited classes are A-Class, I-20, F-18, and Corsair. We also welcome any class of 3 or more boats with a DPN of 70 or less. We will have an open Portsmouth class for boats with less than 3 boats in attendance who meet the DPN requirement.

This regatta has been conceived to provide more racing for the regional A-Class, F-18, I-20, and Corsair fleets. We hope to see strong A-Class and F-18 participation as part of their preparation for World and North American championships being held in the region later in 2007. We hope the F-16's will also consider coming as we'd love to make them part of this event. The location is ideal to bring together sailors from the Texas and Florida panhandle areas.

The venue offers easy launching in a protected breakwater, grass storage, and open water sailing with the potential for big breeze and waves. The host club has hosted many national level events including the A-Class North American Championship and is very excited about this event and its future on the southern multihull racing calender.

We hope many of you will consider coming to this event. You will not be disappointed.

Bob Hodges
USACA Class President
Pontchartain Yacht Club
A-Class USA 230
Corsair Sprint 750

As we are specificatlly named I think we would be wise to officially react as well. Again this is indeed a US F16 association issue so I'm only proposing such a thing. It is very kind of the other to think about our participation.

Addition participation could be smart in our current situation around that area. We have several F16 sailors over there for whom the Florida events are just too far away. I'm thinking about Asim in TX, Kirt in AK, Tom in AB, etc. It can be wise to start a new tradition for that area like the Gulfport event is to the FLorida sailors and make the F16 class more permanent there.

Just an idea.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands
--Advertisement--
Bump [Re: Wouter] #93215
01/02/07 06:50 AM
01/02/07 06:50 AM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe
bump

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands

Moderated by  Damon Linkous, phill, Rolf_Nilsen 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 681 guests, and 108 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022