Catsailor.com

spinnaker halyard

Posted By: binga

spinnaker halyard - 04/18/07 07:59 PM

What is the proper routing for the spinnaker halyard going up the mast on a Taipan 4.9? In front of the diamond spreaders or through them? Or behind the spreaders and back in front of them to the top block? Or fairleads up the mast? Or constant tension on halyard sometimes I forget and it gets wrapped around the spreader? Thanks Andrew
Posted By: Redtwin

Re: spinnaker halyard - 04/18/07 10:56 PM

I don't know about the Taipan 4.9, but we run them through the spreader on the Hobie 20.
Posted By: tback

Re: spinnaker halyard - 04/18/07 11:04 PM

On a Blade, I run them thru the spreader .... but I tape the corners so that the line doesn't get chaffed or trapped.
Posted By: ejpoulsen

Re: spinnaker halyard - 04/18/07 11:36 PM

Andrew,

On your boat it should run as follows: the halyard exits the pole through the block just in front of the main beam. It runs up the front of the mast in front of the spreaders, trap wires, and side stays on either side of the forestay (I prefer the starboard side) up throught the halyard block to the top of the spinnaker.

Attached picture 105126-Picture093.jpg
Posted By: Krisu13

Re: spinnaker halyard - 04/19/07 04:26 AM

The way I had it on my N6.0 is in front of the mast. I have ran very short line between (attached to) spreaders. Then the spinnaker halyard goes into the loop created between the mast and the short line.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums