Catsailor.com

Looking for WF Oliver

Posted By: RobLyman

Looking for WF Oliver - 05/03/07 04:23 PM

This is Rob Lyman. I am looking for W.F.Oliver. Does anyone know how to get ahold of him? I think his brother Tracy is still sailing A cats. If anyone knows how to get ahold of him can you ask him to email me at roblyman'at'bellsouth.net or just let me know how I can contact him?

BTW, this is nothing negative. I just need to get some info about a boat I bought from him awhile back.
Posted By: Darwin

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/03/07 05:12 PM

BTW, this is nothing negative. I just need to get some info about a boat I bought from him awhile back.

Like where it is?
Posted By: 49er

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/03/07 07:53 PM

It may have changed, but his old email was [email]williamoliver@aol.com.[/email]
Posted By: blockp

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/03/07 09:03 PM

It may have changed, but his old email was williamoliver[at]aol.com.

You might want to do Oliver a favor by editing your post and removing the @ sign from his email. Like I did in the quote.

Doing this prevents "scrapers" from grabbing his email address from your post and spamming the life out of it.

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/03/07 10:21 PM

Evidently not an active account anymore. I'd settle for his brother Tracy's email if noone has WF's current email.

I am just trying to straighten out a title issue from a boat transaction a few years back. I got the bill of sale but never got a title.
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/03/07 10:34 PM

I had a title issue with an old Hobie 18 when I went to sell it. I think I had to pay the State of Florida about $15-20 and submit the hull number, they researched it and sent me a new title. So if you can't find WF, check at your town clerk's office about a new title for a used sailboat, it's not a big deal, just some paperwork.
Posted By: bvining

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/03/07 10:52 PM

Rob,
You probably wont be able to find WF or if you do, he probably wont call you back.

You might want to contact the manufacturer for the title. Or get your state to do a title search.

Bill
Posted By: Mark Schneider

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/03/07 10:57 PM

If you got the boat papers... did you not have to pay sales tax???

That's why I don't think you will find papers... possesion is king!
Posted By: pitchpoledave

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/03/07 11:09 PM

Why has he disappeared? Why wouldn't he want to clear this up?
Posted By: Jake

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/03/07 11:43 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CraigO

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/04/07 12:03 AM

This was his business in Va Beach if he still owns it. I think he is harder to find than Mr Worrell.

http://www.southsideutilities.com/
Posted By: CraigO

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/04/07 12:06 AM

[Linked Image]

Good one, but that can is Too Small !!!!!!
Posted By: dacarls

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/04/07 01:17 AM

I wouldn't mind getting either a new Bimare A-cat rudder in the mail or my money back: Its been only 3 years. Reckon there is any chance?

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/04/07 01:19 AM

I just want to state loudly and clearly, "I am not unhappy with WF." I neglected to ask for some paperwork I should have several years ago. Getting this paperwok now would save some hassle trying to sell the boat now.
Posted By: CMerrell

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/04/07 11:48 AM

Small sailboats (i.e. without auxilliaries?) are not titled in Virginia. AFAIK, to get a title in Florida, you would present the bill of sale, including sales tax paid in VA, settle up any FL sales tax due and get the title.

PS Have not seen WF in a while, or Tracy for that matter. A catters would be the most likely resource.
Posted By: bvining

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/04/07 11:49 AM

Dave
Bimare has been really responsive to parts requests since they stopped dealing with WF.

Send them an email directly.

Bill
Posted By: David Parker

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/04/07 11:55 AM

I believe WF has serious health issues and no longer sails or races. I would guess he'd like to be left alone.

If you have to beat up on someone, how about picking on George "W"? There's someone to worry about.

Attached picture 106868-Alfred_W__Bush.jpg
Posted By: 49er

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/04/07 02:52 PM

Robert-

I emailed WF at the address supplied and got a reply the next day. I told him that he should expect a email for you, but he says that he has not receved one from you recently.

I know that small boats and sailboats are not titled in Virginia. I take a bill of sale to the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries and get my titles. Having bought a least a dozen small sailboats through the years, I have never seen a title from any of the dealers. Normally, I get a bill of sale and sometimes a statement of origin. I bought boats at Backyard Boats, Trafton Marine, Chicks Beach Sailing Center, Smith Boats, and WF-all the same.

Anyway, try the email supplied earlier to contact him. It is true that he has had severe health issues and is out of sailing, but he does seem to check the email and respond. Good Luck.
Posted By: PTP

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/04/07 03:43 PM

Dave
Bimare has been really responsive to parts requests since they stopped dealing with WF.

Send them an email directly.

Bill

I have had great results talking with Matt at vectorworksmarine

Re: Looking for WF Oliver - 05/05/07 12:41 AM

Thanks, I tried again without a period at the end of the email address (duh). So far it seems to have been sent just fine.

Robert
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums