Catsailor.com

great series

Posted By: mitch

great series - 05/05/07 03:50 PM

o.k. looky here, the best and only ocean distance racing series in california is 2 weeks away. The Land Rover Island Series, 3 really fun ocean races starts with the santa barbara to ventura race on may 19th. get the info at pbyc.org these are really fun races, sign up asap!
Posted By: ejpoulsen

Re: great series - 05/06/07 12:43 AM

I had trouble getting info at the web site.
Posted By: mitch

Re: great series - 05/06/07 01:12 AM

wow, they are picking a bad time to construct their site...
for those interested in the race, keep checking here, I will try to get more details, thanks
Posted By: Ventucky Red

Re: great series - 05/06/07 07:44 PM

You can get information by calling Richard Countess @ 818-889-2669 or email him rcountess at aol dot com

Here is the info on the races:

Pierpont Bay Yacht Club – Land Rover Island Series:

May 19, 2007 - Hardway Race – Beach Launch from Santa Barbara down the coast to Ventura Harbor – you got a spinnaker this is a great race for you.

July 14, 2007 – Milt Ingram Trophy Race – this is the longest standing beach cat distance race on the West Coast. Out of Ventura, around Anacapa to port back to Ventura Harbor.

August 25, 2007 – Tri-Point Race – this race course is designed for beach cats leaving Ventura Harbor, around Anacapa Island to Starboard, back top Ventura Harbor.

Few admin details regarding the Land Rover Series: The PBYC will be providing a chase boat for the beachcats for all three races, and to facilitate this they will need no less than five pre-registrants for the entire series. The NOR and entry forms will be posted on their site www.pbyc.org shortly, as I to will notify once this is available.
Entry will be limited to boats 18’ or longer with a crew of no less than 2

Oh - the pix is 6 OH 6 coming off the west end of Anacapa during last years Tri-Point

Attached picture 107093-DSCN1847.JPG
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums