Catsailor.com

5th Annual Catsailors Invade Annapolis

Posted By: Chris9

5th Annual Catsailors Invade Annapolis - 01/14/08 08:38 PM

5th Annual Catsailors Invade Annapolis

Would you believe this is the 5th, yes, 5th annual winter-time multi-fleet non-denominational excuse to drink a few beers in the “sailing capital of the world”.

If you already have more important plans, then cancel them. What can be more important than getting together with your sailing friends for some mid-winter carousing? Come and see who’s been packing it on. Lay down your bets for next year.

Fleet captians . . . . rally your fleets. If you have a friend who’s interested in sailing, bring them along. If you received this and it’s been a while since you’ve seen the gang . . . don’t be shy . . . come out and join us.

Date: Saturday, January 26, 2008

Time: 8:00 pm (or so). If you want to go earlier and get some dinner, by all means, do so.

Place: Rams Head, 33 West Street, Annapolis; Downstairs or maybe up stairs, look around; you can bet we won’t be far from one of the bars;

Directions: www.mapquest.com;

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?for...p;zipcode=21401

Attire: Wear your fleet colors (WRCRA T-shirt; A-Class; CRAC; WRSC, Nacra20 or other)! Just wear a shirt, please!

RSVP: Not necessary. However it would be nice to know Mike and I won’t be the only ones there.

SpinSheet (Mary, Dave and Staff), APS Crew, New England Catamarans (Rick), and Wetasschronicles (Tim) come on out and join us!

(Above direclty stolen from Little Guy Murphy email invinte)
Posted By: HMurphey

Re: 5th Annual Catsailors Invade Annapolis - 01/15/08 05:37 AM

Chris,

Are you suggesting a T-Shirt Contest??? Oldest Chesapeake Bay area regetta/race??? I can dig the box out of the storage area ... how about a NASS Race shirt ... maybe a C-100 shirt ... no, a "Down the Bay" shirt .... no, a "Fagger's Island" shirt, thats the ticket ....

Will my friend "Jodi" be there??? You have to make sure that Jodi will be there ...

Anyone up for the Challenge ? ? ?

I'll have to make this one this year.
HarryMurphey
H-18/#9458 Fleet 54
P-19mx/#86 CRAC

Re: 5th Annual Catsailors Invade Annapolis - 01/15/08 02:35 PM

Sure. Have at it, just pleeaase were a shirt.

Wait one..... Date change forthcoming.
Posted By: Keith

Re: 5th Annual Catsailors Invade Annapolis - 01/15/08 03:36 PM

Please make sure that the shirts are easily recognizable as catamaran club/event shirts. Part of this exercise is not only to get together and drink/eat/shake off the Winter cold, but to make catamaran sailing visible to the Annapolis establishment (in a good way...).

DATE CHANGE - 01/15/08 03:55 PM

Exactly.

DATE Change. This Saturday, January 19th.

Mike put it nicely below. I just turned 40 a few weeks ago soooo leave me alone. I'm a bone-head I know it.

Come on out this Saturday, the 19th.

Hey we have never given you much warning in the past, why should this year be any different!

Mike msg:
Sorry guys. It appears that one of the sub-fleets is having a little get-together on the 26th so we're going to move the invasion up a week. I think this is going to be a recurring problem in our multi-fleet fleet and I certainly apologize for any confusion.

So . . . .. here's the new deal . . . . . . . .

Chris Allen and I are going to embark on a 2-man Invasion of Annapolis this weekend (Saturday Jan 19th). We'd love to have you all (and all of your friends) join us. We've enjoyed a good turnout at these over the past 4 years and hope we can continue the tradition, despite some planning snafu's.

The rest of the details are the same.

Again . .sorry for the confusion . .. . . .we're sailors, not planners.

Last time: We're meeting this Saturday, Jan 19th at the Rams Head Tavern on West Street in Annapolis at 8pm - ish.

Hope to see you all there.
Posted By: mmurphy384

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/16/08 02:52 PM

I'm hoping that everyone joining our little invasion can help me with my other plan: To get Chris banned from a bar based on lore alone.

For a few years, I've been talking about how Chris got all drunk and knocked over the Christmas tree during the 3rd invasion. Stopped up the toilet during the 4th invastion.

I think that this is the year that Chris gropes the bus boy and finally gets booted.

If enough people talk about it, it becomes true.

See you this Saturday, Chris (or will I).

P.S. This is what happens when I can't beat someone on the water. I take 'em out on land.

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/16/08 05:51 PM

My favorite was the year he found a parking spot for his car right out front of Ram's Head. He then proceeded to ask all the waitresses if they'd like to see his "cobra"...

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/17/08 11:29 AM

Trim Bitch!

Perhaps you will show up?

Attached picture 130698-IMG_0051_8.JPG

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/17/08 11:33 AM

Shhh. It was great parking spot the bar had saved for me until the fight that started in the bar ended up out on the sidewalk. Noooooo.
Posted By: LuckyDuck

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/17/08 02:39 PM

Now that we're throwing pictures around, guess who's boat this is. Come on boys, its not that hard.

Attached picture 130725-011_DR.JPG

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/17/08 02:46 PM

That would appear to be an old shot of Oz....

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/17/08 02:52 PM

Here's another for you to guess. This one's even easier...

[Linked Image]

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/17/08 03:10 PM

That would be Lord Jim of the Jungle, the flying P on the sail and the ever flying hull gave it away. Here's another easy one.

Attached picture 130733-015_DR.JPG

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/17/08 04:21 PM

That must be these guys:

[Linked Image]

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/17/08 06:16 PM

Wait a minute!! Isn't that Roger & Ollie out joyriding on John's boat?

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/17/08 07:04 PM

Nope! That's Pete and Brian Cosgrove. They sold the boat to John...

Back then, John drove this one:

[Linked Image]

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/17/08 11:27 PM

I bought Pete's old harness which was new when I got it. Still have it although its worn through. Worthless trivia. Ed
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/18/08 02:18 AM

"Nope! That's Pete and Brian Cosgrove. They sold the boat to John..."

Nope,John bought his P-19 from a guy in NC, he beat me to the punch by about 8 hrs. That guy (can't remember his name)got a Mystere 6.0 as was the craze then. As a matter of fact that P-19 is now owned by friend of mine down here, now it's yellow.
Todd
p.s. That boat has a nacra foil on the front, Harry's maybe.

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/18/08 05:51 AM

Todd??? Is that my old friend Todd from Richmond???
I don't think that P-19 is Kelly Smiths old P-19 how about Ray Cyrus's old boat??? I don't reconize the Black transoms. You have pictures of two boats that look like mine but aren't. My H-18mag had "Blue Hawaii" sails but the sail# is 9458. My P-19 sail # is 86 and the numbers are Hot Pink. If I remember correctly Jon McLaughlins P-19 had vertical cut sails ... ???? ... Thats not a P-19 but a NACRA look at the daggerboards and hullports near the transoms! Thats a Nacra!!! Now who is it ????

How about those races you and me had on our P-19s in the C-100s. My E-mail is on my profile send me a message.

HarryMurphey
H-18/#9458 Fleet 54 Div 11
P-19mx/#86 CRAC

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/18/08 05:53 AM

Hey !!! Is that Pat Regan's old Nacra??? Who did he sell it to ????

Harry

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/18/08 12:18 PM

Keith,

Although I find you to be undoubtable in every way, apparently others do not. Who knew?

See you toomarie,

Pic of Mikey doing a nice job trimin'.

Attached picture 130828-IMG_0045_5.JPG

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/18/08 02:15 PM

Yep defintely a Nacra.

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/18/08 03:10 PM

The boat with the black transoms is a Nacra 5.8na (pre foam core construction) that was sailed by Pete and Brian Cosgrove after Pete's Trac-18 got trashed (that boat is now a lake power boat). Pete and Brian dominated on that boat (as they did on the Trac), and sold the boat to John Geiger (haven't seen Pete since). Not sure who John sold his 18 to, and now that John and Chris Young have bought Alec's 6.0 (with the Smyth sails)the 5.8 has been sold as well (not sure who to, not in the Fleet).

Jim's old P-19 was in storage for awhile, not sure if he has sold it or not, but he's much happier on the Nacra-20.

Here's an easy one - who are these mooks?:

[Linked Image]

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/18/08 03:12 PM

Keith,

Although I find you to be undoubtable in every way, apparently others do not. Who knew?

See you toomarie,

Pic of Mikey doing a nice job trimin'.

Yours is the path of truth, Grasshopper...

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/18/08 10:21 PM

I got the Wrong John, sorry Keith. I was thinking Capt. Hollywood himself, John McLaughlin.
Todd

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/18/08 10:29 PM

Capt. Hollywood? Hadn't heard that before? Nice, I'll be using that more often than "smiley"!

Smiley because that dudes smile grows with the wind strength. When its full-on pucker factor time for me all you can see looking at John is that smile.

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/18/08 11:26 PM

Son, I say, I say son. John is now pimpin around on a Blade F-16. Maybe we can get him down there for the Duck Cup. Ed

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/19/08 12:56 AM

The Legend Begins:

It was a miserable day with the wind hard from the south, 20-25 knots on that second day of the “Down the Bay”. We stood on the beach at Windmill Point awaiting the arrival of the few boat that hadn’t dropped out of the race that day. Around the point came the two big modified Worrell NACRA 6.0s w/ Ladderracks closely together. Up onto the beach they charged . WOOOOOSH …….

One of the crew jumped off his boat, turned and pointed, he exclaimed “ Who the hell is on that boat ….. God ?????!!!!!!”

And coming around the point was a Hobie 16 with white prism sails. It was Lee and John McLaughlin, Lee was puking and John was steering …… The H-16 slide up onto the beach through the surf, and we grabbed her ….. Lee fell off the boat and kind of crawled …. John with the biggest smile I have ever seen, turned and said “ … anyone got a Ciggie ??? “

And the Legend of John McLaughlin began …..

I so witnessed and testify
HarryMurphey
H-18/ #9458
P-19mx/ #86

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/19/08 01:36 AM

I just call him Hollywood for short. Harry your right about the ciggie. He told us, when we ground crewed for him in the 98 Worrell, all he wanted was a Diet coke and a ciggie when they got in everyday. Being the mellow guy that he is, he didn't even get mad when we gave all his Diet Cokes to the Hooter's calendar shoot models at Daytona.:)
The man is truly my HERO.
Todd

Re: DATE CHANGE - 01/19/08 11:03 PM

A little challenge for tonight. The first catsailor to name this song in the bar area gets a prize (Maybe even a N20 style prize). Please don't help out on here.

I’m not the one who’s so far away,
When I feel the snake bit enter my veins.
Never did I wanna be here again
And I don’t remember why I came.

Candles raise my desire.
Why I’m so far away.
No more meaning for my life?
No more reason to stay.
Freezing feeling, breathe in - breathe in,

I’m coming back again!
I’m not the one who’s so far away,
When I feel the snake bit enter my veins.
Never did I wanna be here again
And I don’t remember why I came.
Hazing clouds rain on my head,
empty thoughts fill my ears.
Find my shade by the moon light,
why my thoughts aren’t so clear.
Demons dreaming, breathe in - breathe in.
I’m coming back again.
. . . .
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums