Catsailor.com

Tiger Main

Posted By: JACKFLASH

Tiger Main - 01/19/08 01:18 AM

I am looking for the hook for the head of a Tiger main. If anyone has a Tiger main they have gotten all the use out of I would love to buy the head and attaching hardware from it. Please post here or call 713 449 8667.

Thanks
Posted By: TeamChums

Re: Tiger Main - 01/19/08 02:38 AM

Collin are you ditching the comptip? If so, that will be the best mod you make on that boat...not to mention the sails on it.

Lee
Posted By: gree2056

Re: Tiger Main - 01/19/08 02:43 AM

Since we are talking about F18's how tall is the mast on them?

Re: Tiger Main - 01/19/08 02:12 PM

The comptip is going bye bye. With the large square top and the chute I was getting more and more nervous about the integrity of the tip. In twenty plus like at Red Fish Reach the comptip would be flexed so much that I figured it was a matter of time. Chris Green fixed me up with his old Tiger mast that has a slight bend in it between the diamonds so I should be able to adjust the bend out with the diamonds. I found out last night the head plate on the Tiger is bolted on so I can do that mod myself. I am hoping to get my hands on a used one.
Posted By: Dan_Delave

Re: Tiger Main - 01/25/08 06:14 PM

A used one? I think a new one is about $40. I bought one last year and think I remember that price. What would a used one run $20? Not a cheap sport I know, but a $20 savings?

Dan

Re: Tiger Main - 01/28/08 08:48 PM

I ordered a new one a few days after posting. They are only 35.00 and Hobie USA stocks them. This project should be wrapped up in a few weeks.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums