Catsailor.com

Spring Fever Hero3's

Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/14/08 01:14 PM

Hey guys

Anyone that has a Hero3 and coming to spring fever, I'd like to download your memory cards every day after racing. I know of three in the N20 class at least... the more the merrier.

I've got an extra 2gig memory card if anyone needs to borrow one.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/14/08 03:09 PM

I'm bringing mine and considering buying a second one so I can have two on the boat at any given time.

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/14/08 03:21 PM

Jake I was gonna ask you to glass in a camera mount to the bow while you were at it :P
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/14/08 03:23 PM

I had better be on my best behaivor. Big brother is gonna be watching my every move from TWO angles!!!!
Posted By: Jake

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/14/08 05:45 PM

Jake I was gonna ask you to glass in a camera mount to the bow while you were at it :P

Hmmm.....that's not a bad idea.

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/14/08 06:21 PM

Then if you could just engineer the activation switch so I don't have to send my crew out to the pointy ends to activate it :P
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/14/08 09:18 PM

I've got one with 3 cards I'll bring.

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/15/08 01:38 AM

is the side of the mast still the preferred mounting location engineer Jake?
Posted By: Antilag

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/15/08 12:28 PM

I just bought one but did not figure out how to mount beside having it on a helmet or wrist. Where do you guys mount it usually?

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/15/08 02:38 PM

Side of the mast. That way on one tack its looking out/forward, and the other its looking at your smiling face.
Posted By: Redtwin

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/15/08 11:53 PM

Is 2Gb the maximum memory or will it take any size SD card?

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/16/08 12:13 AM

I think its the max. Ask BK though to be sure.
Posted By: NCSUtrey

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/16/08 12:54 AM

Hmmm.....that's not a bad idea.

Jake, you should probably glass that camera mount into the bottom of the hull, that way we could see the real action on the yeller and white boat--------->

Pointy side down...

Don't they make a pill for that?
Posted By: Redtwin

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/16/08 12:59 AM

Is 2Gb enough for all day of sailing? Do you turn it on and off to save memory? I've only seen the finished products with music and all. I assumed that to get a decent 3 minute video, you would have to have at least 30 minutes of live action to work with. I'd really like to get some kind of a water resistant camera setup. I really like the price of the Hero3. Does anyone know of anything else out there that is even more "likeable"?
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/16/08 01:25 AM

A 2gb card holds 1 hour of footage. That's about all the longer the batteries last anyway. Great camera, but it chews through the batteries pretty quick.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/16/08 02:08 AM

How do you actually attach the thing?

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/16/08 03:38 AM

Hey you're right Trey. God knows how much footage we could have captured from that angle when you're were driving it.

Probably could have caught that moment at SF a couple years back when you ran me over and almost caused me to bite my tongue off :P
[Linked Image]

Don't make me tell more stories :P
Posted By: BrianK

Re: Spring Fever Hero3's - 03/16/08 01:04 PM

Im pretty sure 2 Gig is the max. Replace batteries often, and if its really hot (or cold) use lithium batteries.

Fix mount it, dont hand hold unless you really concentrate on keeping it steady. Usually with a roll of electrical tape you can mount it about anywhere.

I wont be at SF as were going to Virgin Islands to film superstars JC and Trey, but Ive got a couple new Hero3's left, if you want want send be a PM and Ill make you a deal.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums