Catsailor.com

fiberglass repair...again

Posted By: ucfsailor19

fiberglass repair...again - 07/27/08 05:54 AM

Hey guys,

Noticed on the Prindle 19 I have another area that needs some work. I took the port hull inspection cover off and just forward of the hole on top i can feel some damaged fiberglass. This area is formed into some sort of shape, i.e it is not just a flat area. I need to get in there with a flash light and a mirror to see it better. There are no holes or crack that go to the outside but i'd like to fix it before that happens. Would i be good just to sand it down some and put some large heavy cloth down? Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
Pete
Posted By: Jake

Re: fiberglass repair...again - 07/27/08 04:46 PM

Hey guys,

Noticed on the Prindle 19 I have another area that needs some work. I took the port hull inspection cover off and just forward of the hole on top i can feel some damaged fiberglass. This area is formed into some sort of shape, i.e it is not just a flat area. I need to get in there with a flash light and a mirror to see it better. There are no holes or crack that go to the outside but i'd like to fix it before that happens. Would i be good just to sand it down some and put some large heavy cloth down? Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
Pete

It's probably nothing and is likely just a sloppy finish job on an inside seam. Tip: put a digital camera inside the hull and take tons of pictures - they'll tell a pretty good story.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ucfsailor19

Re: fiberglass repair...again - 07/27/08 06:41 PM

What boat is that a picture from, cause that kinda looks like what I was feeling how it has a shape to it and its not smooth up top. Well the only reason why I looked for broken glass was because I was standing in that area and I heard some cracking...
Posted By: Jake

Re: fiberglass repair...again - 07/27/08 07:18 PM

That's the inside of a Nacra 20 where the shroud chainplate is fixed to the inside of the hull and the spinnaker block attachment point is reinforced under the deck.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums